• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Laserprinter: Toner Refill

Styx

n00b
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
2
Hi!

There are some very cheap solutions for obtaining a full printer cartridge:

here and here

Has anybody used something like that and can post his/her experience? Or should one use cartridges that are already refilled? Or 'compatible' cartridges? Or is the only real thing buying an expensive original manufacturer catridge every time?

I appreciate any answer!

Styxxy
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My experience with Refills / Remaned is that they leak. I've probably gone through 3 Lexmark Optra R toners on 1 printer because it leaks bad. An HP 8000 Toner also leaked HEAVLY into the printer, so i had to clean that all up as well. I would assume it probably depends on who does the work for you.
 
You have 2 options:

1) Buy more expensive good toners and have your printers "love you long time" ;)

2) Buy cheap/refilled toners and have to have someone come fix your printers when you have problems. And you will have problems.

I have personally seen re-manufactured cartridges explode in a printer. The toner was everywhere and you can never get it all out. We were able to clean it up enough to be useable for awhile, but it had wierd problems forever.
 
Toner refills tend to use particlate matter finer than that recommended by the manufacturer. This causes the fuser assembly and other parts of the laser printer to clog and fail rather quickly.

Only buy toner refills if you have a burning desire to kill your laser printer. The money you save on toner will be spent replacing the printer.
 
Glad I have like 5 NEW (apple) toner carts that I got for free for my HP LJ5m. :) Should never have to buy another one. Besides, I don't know if mine are refilable. But since I like my printer, I wont refill.

Have 3 cases of paper too, thanks to officemax and its ink cart recycle program. :)
 
the manufacturers just reman the cartridges if you send them back

but you do get what you pay for when it comes to ink and toner.

I have rarely had issues with reman toner catridges, but have seen more issues then i can think of caused by refilled inkjet cartridges
 
Back
Top