laser printers

why do people still use laser printers to this day, aren't today inkjet printers better have better printing quality? i'm not looking to fight, just curious, i saw one in my fedex truck (heavy).

caracaovazio said:
why do people still use laser printers to this day, aren't today inkjet printers better have better printing quality? i'm not looking to fight, just curious, i saw one in my fedex truck (heavy).

cause they are faster? good quality, big buisness, i don't know ?

most of em have nic cards built in, good stuff :)

Laser printers are extremely fast compared to inkjets, have very crisp printing quality, and the 'ink'/ toner cartridges are more cost-efficient.

Even in a small setting such as our home with 5 people, all of the printing for various things became too expensive. Both of my parents print a few sheets a day, and with my siblings and I in school we print a lot of assignments. We have had our laser printer for about 8 months and in that time we probably would have bought two black ink cartridges. We still keep an inkjet printer around for color printing, but since the majority is plain black/white text, our Brother HL-5040 gives us MUCH better text quality, better speed, and it is more cost effective.

yeah.. basically because inkjet cartridges cost $30+ each.. each time you get a new set you can practically throw away your printer and get a new one for only a few $$ more..

we just bought a samsung laser from newegg, both of us in school now its nothing to have to print 40 pages worth of notes and a laser is a lot faster, quiter, and most important cheaper per page.

do any of you have recomendations for a lazer printer that won't break the bank. i have a suite on campus that i share with 5 other guys, and right now we have my inkjet lexmark shared and they just pay me x-amount per page they print to cover paper/ink, i think a lazer would be good for our setup, any recomendations?

better? faster? you guys i read the spec on the printer, dpi was way lower than in my inkjet and my inkjet prints faster too, i wonder.

got sick of dicking around with my cheap ass laserjet; bought a HP color Laserjet- will never go back to inkjets. EVER.

Back