Laser Printer From Hell

Southend

Limp Gawd
soo I just bought a laser brother printer and had not used it in a while.

Took it to school with me when after turning it on a HORRENDOUSLY disgusting burning smell came out that was suffocating.

I called brother to ask why my printer was doing this and they stated it was because my toner was getting on the fuse or something of that nature eventually concluding to say that I should keep leaving it on... But because the laser still printed fine, I decided to listen to what they said.

Surprisingly enough i left the air vent to go outside for hours and eventually the smell stopped coming out as bad! :eek: Brother tech support was RIGHT!

so i left it on and from then on the printer was ok, but there was a lingering light smell of burned crap... which transferred over to some of my school papers :p

2 Months later I am now printing out some notes and low and behold after shaking the tray out to do some manual duplex, yes i know it sucks something black fell out, PIECES of BLACK!

one turned out to be a leg of a disgusting insect and then the body which looked like a coffee bean now that it had been completely roasted.

I am now still in the process of shaking the rest out, if there are any more pieces of the poor fellow.

the end. printer no longer has smell and works great! go brother!!

lol! That's a good story. I wonder what part burned it? If it was the laser it would have shown up on your papers, right?

lol he thought it was the fuser lol. It has oil on it that keeps the toner from sticking to it. the oil smells like burnt plastic untill it breaks in. that is freaking hilarious!

lol he thought it was the fuser lol. It has oil on it that keeps the toner from sticking to it. the oil smells like burnt plastic untill it breaks in. that is freaking hilarious!

thats just what the brother representative told me... they brought out real real big printer terms i didnt understand so i didnt dare say anything back :D

Eh you know they were thinking "if it works, keep using it till it croaks... then call me back!" No way on earth I would have guessed there was a bug livin in a persons printer if I were the tech support guy... though i do know the smell of burning bugs very well so if I were you i woulda figured it out :p Didn't you ever play with a magnifying glass or hand held tesla coil (ok maybe im the only kid that had that one).

LOL, what if you had taken that to BestBuy. I wonder how geek squad would react to that kind of problem?

Is this that $400 brother laser printer, that had a instant $200 savings, and a $50 rebate?

Eh you know they were thinking "if it works, keep using it till it croaks... then call me back!" No way on earth I would have guessed there was a bug livin in a persons printer if I were the tech support guy... though i do know the smell of burning bugs very well so if I were you i woulda figured it out :p Didn't you ever play with a magnifying glass or hand held tesla coil (ok maybe im the only kid that had that one).

I did that too but mostly on ants this thing was a giganto beetle like thing with a torso the size of a coffee bean... me and my roomates almost choked on the horrible smell, it smelled like dead burned hair and rotting carcass... not that ive smelled rotting carcass before :p

LOL, what if you had taken that to BestBuy. I wonder how geek squad would react to that kind of problem?

they would charge me 40$ to look at my printer then return it leaving the bug in there saying they needed to charge me 100$ to replace a cable wire haha! ;)

Is this that $400 brother laser printer, that had a instant $200 savings, and a $50 rebate?

no it was the HL-2140 AR was 40$ im a poor student no way i can spend that much on a printer :)

but now my printer will never feel the same, i feel like the bug sullied it :mad:

bugs are disgusting creatures

"bugs are disgusting creatures"

Many consider them to be yummy :p

Back