LASER mouse w/ only two buttons & scroll, does one exist?

Yashu

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for a high rez laser mouse... I want the latest optical tech here... but without all the extra crap... just two normal buttons and a scroll wheel in the middle. no side buttons... no crazy new age ergonomic design... no melted plastic styling (looking at you logitech)... none of that... just a regular nice looking wired mouse but with the latest high resolution optics.

does one even exist?

You could get a Razer Diamondback or Copperhead and just disable the side button since they're relatively small anyways. It's the only "non-fancy" alternative to Logitech/MS that I can think of with good performance.

I have tried that... the drivers are terrible for razors... esp x64.

I read about the razor krait, but you still have the horrible razor drivers to contend with... you can't even perminately disable the system tray icon!

Google Logitech G3 - it comes out late July/early August.

This WILL be my new mouse.

The G5 / G7 crap doesn't fit my hand too well.

side buttons :(((

but I guess they can be disabled... at least I wouldn't have to contend with razor drivers!

yes, you do realize you can just plug in the Razers and they will work right? They're plug and play. You don't need the drivers unless you want to adjust the sensitivity on the fly and a few other extra features.

yes of course they work, but their increased resolution messes with the standard windows support.

you ever plug one in without the drivers? hehe...

Back