Laser Jet printers

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking for the cheapest monochrome laser jet printer but has duplex function (double sided printing) automatically. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cost aside, I dislike inkjet printers as the ink can easily smudge. I mainly deal with documents so I prefer using laserjet.

like I say, inkjets are not same as they were before. Goto local PC and look see the print quality of these new inkjets as they use water-resistant pigment inks.

Not disagreeing with lt_shiro, but one area that the laser printer still beats out the inkjets is in the overall "lifespan" of the toner/cartridges. Because most laser printer toner cartridges use some form of powder, it doesn't dry out as often as an ink cartridge would. (I don't know whether or not the inkjet manufacturers have stopped with the shenanigans over artificially shortening the lifespan of their cartridges.) Then again, if you're printing at least three times a week, then it's a wash.

Canon, HP, and Epson are three companies that make good inkjet printers. Historically, Canon and Epson make excellent photo printers. While HP has been the unofficial standard for laser printers, Samsung and Brother are also good brands.

Regardless, avoid Lexmark like the plague.

Just as an aside, I've a brother mfc-[something] that can run
the toner at least 500 pages past the "low toner" flashing LED
alarm (maybe even 1500 pages, unsure.)

Costco sometimes has the KX-MB271 for ~$60.

All in one. I only wish it had network support.

6000 pages of refillable toner for 30$

I'm tired of 200 sheets for 15$ ink.

Newegg has this cool power search thing that lets you search for this type of stuff: egghunt

Recommendations would be based on how much you print. For a small company that prints around 3000 pages/mo, I'd go with the HP P2055dn.

What is the yield of the toner and cost of replacement.

tn-430, $50, rated 3000 pages (if your question was directed
at my posting). Though as I mentioned, it may actually
last 5000...on that MFC there is a "out of toner" 2nd alarm
which I think halts printing.

Back