kent
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Apr 8, 2001
- Messages
- 2,603
I just replaced an overfilled 80GB hard drive today with a brand new unit from Seagate, 300GB.
My previous HD ran at about 30-32C (as does HD0 - my 120GB system HD)
My new HD runs at 37C
Nothing is changed as far as my cooling, I put the new HD in the same slot I used for the previous HD.
Is 37C too hot for a hard drive? That's hotter than my CPU or system. Ambient in my room is probably 68F
My previous HD ran at about 30-32C (as does HD0 - my 120GB system HD)
My new HD runs at 37C
Nothing is changed as far as my cooling, I put the new HD in the same slot I used for the previous HD.
Is 37C too hot for a hard drive? That's hotter than my CPU or system. Ambient in my room is probably 68F