• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Large format, high res displays

c_porter

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
115
Hey [H],

I'm looking for a way to display engineering prints at their full size (36"x60") with enough detail to be used in working meetings, which means people will be close to the screen. I'm not convinced that 1080p is enough for this, so I'm trying to find displays with a higher resolution and minimum dimensions of 36"x60" (so a 60" 16:10 or 64" 16:9 minimum)...for less than $10,000.

I'm having trouble finding products somewhere between 1080p and 2160p because the 2160p stuff costs like 35k+. I'm also interested in projectors in the same range, but again the 1080p stuff I can find is cheap and the 2160p stuff is outrageous.

Multiple monitors are a possibility, however I don't think bezels will go well with prints that have notes and dimensions all over them. I wasn't able to find anything completely free of dividers.

Does anyone know of products in my sweet spot, or have another idea I might not have thought of?
 
The only stuff on the market at the moment is in the 20000+ range,
The Barco LC-5621 (56'') and similar are/were about ~$25000 and so is Sonys announced KD-84X9005 (84'').
Projectors will also set you back about ~$20000 (Sony VPL-VW1000ES is the cheapest real 4K offering on the market) as the "4K" JVC DLA-X90R doesn't take 4K input and only upscales.

There's nothing in your price-range on the market at the moment, unless your lucky and find a used one..
 
Last edited:
Back
Top