Large Caming LCD Wanted

Michigan PC

[H]ard|Gawd
I need reccomendations for a 20inch or more lcd that is good for gaming for under 600 bucks. Does it exsist? I was looking at the new gatway 21 incher for 599. Are there any good reviews of it? Other Recomendations?

Most will tell you Dell 2005FPW. That's what I have and it is excellent for gaming. You can get it for under $400.

Edit... beat by 2 minutes :)

The 2005, or if you need component inputs, the Gateway.
I have both and am really enjoying both as a casual user.

Their is tons of information on these displays in this forum. Just look around.

oh, under $600, and here I was about to recommend the 46" Samsung 8ms LCD...

AthlonXP said:
i have the gateway and i love it.

I'm also looking for a large gaming LCD and the Gateway looks sweet.

1) Any reviews on this monitor yet ?

AthlonXP :
1) The specs look great when compared with the 2005FPW but there are reports on other threads of washing out of colours at angled viewing. Any comments ?
2) What video card are you using to drive it ?

Best Regards,
Caspanis

caspanis said:
I'm also looking for a large gaming LCD and the Gateway looks sweet.

1) Any reviews on this monitor yet ?

AthlonXP :
1) The specs look great when compared with the 2005FPW but there are reports on other threads of washing out of colours at angled viewing. Any comments ?
2) What video card are you using to drive it ?

Best Regards,
Caspanis

No reviews that I have found.
The "washing out" business is something people want to make a huge deal out of but I don't think it will bother the typical user. I'm no expert here, but my guess is that this has to do with the anti-glare aspect. If you look at the monitor head on, it is slightly darker, hence there is minor detail loss on dark portions of the screen with low contrast and in parts of the screen that aren't dark, the colors look richer. When you look from the side, the screen is slightly brighter (so when people talk about "details appearing" I think this is what they mean, in reference to the darker parts of the screen, while the brighter parts of the screen appear more bright or "washed out").

I can sit here and tell you it is trivial, but this is completely a judgment call and you might think it is awful. I'm really enjoying mine. Time to go play CoV beta.

Back