Laptop with spill proof keyboard

colore

Limp Gawd
hello! is there a laptop that is spill proof?

I am looking for the cheapest with 8gb or more, 13-14in, ssd only and touchscreen
or can i put waterproof keyboard to my yoga 20175?
thNks!

capture.jpg

Or you could maybe..... not spill stuff on your laptop. :wacky:

In general spill resistant designs are limited to business class laptops (eg Lenovo Thinkpad, Dell Latitude, and whatever HP is calling theirs) and not consumer ones. The reason being that normal laptop keyboards are open at the bottom, to make them spill resistant they need to put a solid tray underneath and then add drain ports in a few spots around the edges.

The reason I say resistant, not proof is that while water won't be a problem if you spill something sticky or conductive into the keyboard the residue left behind may still end up shorting a key out or just making them all stick.

On the plus side, if that does happen, business class laptops are generally designed to be repaired in the field either by a next day warranty service tech or someone in corporate IT. That means that if you do still manage to screw a keyboard up by dumping a can of Red Bull or mug of coffee flavored sugar milk into it replacing it yourself should be relatively painless.

Panasonic toughbook--last laptop you would ever need...if upgrades didn't happen all the time...

Back