laptop with ips screen

bcwang

n00b
Ever since I missed getting a thinkpad t61 with an IPS, I've been looking here and there to find anything with an IPS screen with no luck so far. Anyone know if any laptop computer, including macs, have an IPS screen?

i'm not sure what type of panel my laptop has, but it certainly is a lot better then any other laptop screen that ive seen so far...

it is a 15.4" 1920x1200 lcd on dell d810 and it is certainly not the same panel as their 1600x1050 lcds

but i'm not really sure if it is a *va or ips

You will only find 12" IPS screen in tablets these days. I can confirm Macbook Pros have TN. All Thinkpad tablets, Dell XT tablet and most Fujitsu T series have IPS.

I happen to have a IPS LED tablet(Fujitsu T2010) which has good viewing angles and contrast but the colors aren't as vibrant compared to the Macbook's TN screen(and sure enough it wasn't designed to have the best colors). However the screen is one of the best I've seen since it doesn't shift in color. Not all(in fact most) IPS in laptops means the best colors, makers actually produce them more for the wide viewing angles and color depth is secondary. Even these screens have only 262k colors like every laptop screen so there isn't much to expect from these screens. The IPS flexview in the Thinkpads were said to have good colors but that is an exception.

Back