• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop Things to wait for(gaming)

dpoverlord

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
2,074
Have a older laptop with 32GB of ram that seems clunky now. Am itching to having a more portable setup and have been waiting for the new laptop 5090 series so I could at least try doing video / other stuff when not home.

Never thought I woudl want a gaming laptop style since they have poor battery life, but it would be fantastic compared to what I have now.

Anyone know what mobile stuff are coming outside of the new Nvidia launch? Part of me just wants to go all in on the 4090 and say why the hell not. That makes 0 sense though with the 5090 coming.

Love to hear anyones input as to what I should be looking for.

Thanks as I tried speeding this laptop up but it makes 0 sense that web browsing shoudl be so slow and clunky even after keeping it "clean" Thought this nvidia gpu could play a game but eh.......
 
Thanks as I tried speeding this laptop up but it makes 0 sense that web browsing shoudl be so slow and clunky even after keeping it "clean" Thought this nvidia gpu could play a game but eh.......

I web browse a bit on a 4gb laptop with an atom processor from time to time; that's slow and clunky. (It's not a good laptop, but it was $100 and it runs Forscan a whole lot better than setting up my mini desktop on a stool near the car door) If your 32gb ram laptop is slow and clunky at browsing, you've either got some really bad storage or your cooling is bad, or you need to disable a lot of extensions and startup tasks.
 
I haven't heard anything announced on the mobile side of things. What's this clunky laptop? Details man!
 
Back
Top