Laptop suggestion

Enilder

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a laptop for non-gaming use.

Initially, I was looking for 1080p laptop but then, I realized that it's near impossible for given budget, $500ish. So, I began to search for 1366x768. The purpose of this laptop is to do simple web browsing, edit documents, etc. I won't play any games, no programming will be done, just simple stuffs. My only restriction is a screen size. I want to get 15+ screen size.

I always bought brand new computer hardware but it seems like places like Dell outlet is a good place to purchase. Can I get some recommendations? Thanks.

It works fine for me. Just click the blue link inside the white box.

Here's a direct link, since the new forum software wants to mangle it.

Code:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011KFQASE/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_lc?tag=_&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=B011KFQASE&adid=1FCNY2NECJYXYSW8XQN9&&ref-refURL=https%3A%2F%2Fhardforum.com%2Fthreads%2Flaptop-suggestion.1898361%2F

The Asus defaultluser recommends looks like a pretty solid option for your requirements. I'd normally recommend a Thinkpad (because, frankly, I'm biased) but if you need 15"+, <$500, and prefer 1080p then it'd be hard to do better. Saves you some cash as well.

Here's a few others to consider:
Acer Laptop Aspire E 15 E5-574G-54Y2 Intel Core i5 6200U (2.30 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce 940M 15.6" Windows 10 Home
HP Laptop 15-an050nr 15.6" Star Wars Special Edition 6th Generation Intel Core i5 6200U (2.30 GHz) 6 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home
Note: Both were on a 'big sale' so the prices might change, but they were both ~$450 when I linked them.

Good luck with whatever you purchase!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Asus defaultluser recommends looks like a pretty solid option for your requirements. I'd normally recommend a Thinkpad (because, frankly, I'm biased) but if you need 15"+, <$500, and prefer 1080p then it'd be hard to do better. Saves you some cash as well.

Here's a few others to consider:
Acer Laptop Aspire E 15 E5-574G-54Y2 Intel Core i5 6200U (2.30 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce 940M 15.6" Windows 10 Home
HP Laptop 15-an050nr 15.6" Star Wars Special Edition 6th Generation Intel Core i5 6200U (2.30 GHz) 6 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home
Note: Both were on a 'big sale' so the prices might change, but they were both ~$450 when I linked them.

Good luck with whatever you purchase!

I was asked to look into Dell outlet products (E5500+ models) so I am looking into it as well.

Both of Acer and HP were under my radar except I am not a big fan of HP products, and never owned Acer products). Still looking...Thanks though!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was asked to look into Dell outlet products (E5500+ models) so I am looking into it as well.

Both of Acer and HP were under my radar except I am not a big fan of HP products, and never owned Acer products). Still looking...Thanks though!
If you check out Dell I'd stick to their Latitude or Precision models and avoid the others. But looks like you're already doing that with the E5500+ models. But their other lines aren't worth it imo.

Back