Laptop Stand?

Bmei

n00b
Hey,

Does anyone have any recommendations on a laptop stand? I have a 13 inch laptop. A cooler would be a plus. I checked out NCIX and the Coolermaster Ergostand Notebook Cooler with 140MM Fan and 4 USB Ports Black has some pretty good reviews, but I want to see if there are any other good options.

Thanks!

Look at Zalman's stuff if you want cooling that works. I've had a few others (including some Antec products) that sucked, but my Zalman is still working after something like five years. They're pricey, but they are worth every penny.

Hows the build quality of the mentioned products? Wouldn't want something flimsy and unstable :p

Look at Zalman's stuff if you want cooling that works. I've had a few others (including some Antec products) that sucked, but my Zalman is still working after something like five years. They're pricey, but they are worth every penny.

is there a specific zalman laptop stand that you recommend? I found quite a few on NCIX. Also, need a stand that can elevate the laptop for a more comfortable viewing angle.

My only complaint about the ErgoStand is that the holders at the bottom do not snap or latch into place. I would feel more secure if they did given 2 kids and a cat in the house. But no problems so far.

@Bmei: mine is a ZM-NC1000... I don't know if they make it anymore. What I do know is, I'd buy another one --if I needed to-- in a heartbeat.

No, there are two small pieces that help keep the laptop from slipping off the front of the stand when it is elevated (though friction does most of the work). There is a sort of channel they set in which allows you to widen their placement for large laptops. But they just rest in that channel, the forward push from the laptop sort of helps wedge them in place, but you can easily pluck them out at any time even while the laptop is in place.

@starhawk: Ah, the prices seem fair on all of them. Hows the noise on the fan tho?

@knight427: If I dont fiddle with the pieces, it would be fine than? and hows the build quality? and fan sound?

thanks for the response so far guys :)

Background noise: <32 dBA (my SLM was bottoming out)
Fan on high, laptop on stand (but laptop is powered off): 36.1 dBA
Fan on high, laptop off stand: 39.5 dBA

It's pretty quiet. My laptop is pretty large, so it helps block the higher pitched tone. But in a quiet room, you are going to hear if for sure.

Mine is pretty quiet -- mind you, it's the two-fan type; there is a four-fan type as well. Can't give numbers I'm afraid, I don't have the equipment.

Back