• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop Stand/Cooler

Hyuukai

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
130
Ok i have a 15,4 inch vostro 1500, im hoping that i got 8600 that wasn't faulty due to me buying it a year ago, now you cannot even get the 8600 on the vostro 1500 from my viewin, but i dunno whether or not to just keep the fan on high at all times and get a good laptop cooler or to get extended warranty which will be quite expensive, i was wondering i anyway could point me in the direction of a really good laptop cooler?
 
Personally I like this company... especially the laptop legs/Macfeet
http://www.laptopdesk.net/access-legsf.html

Cheap, help with ergonomics and allow proper space for your fans to work correctly.

They also have some nice other items, but I have never tried them out so I cannot speak for them.

Hope this helps

D.
 
Im just looking for the most efficant cooling solution so my faulty graphics card oesnt become faulty lol
 
I built my own when I still had my G1S, loosely following these directions: http://www.robertreznik.com/DIY/Laptop CoolerV01.htm

I used two of the lowest dB Scythe fans and a 12v, 1000mA radio shack power supply (wired in parallel with a switch). I also used some 1/4in plexi that I had lying around, but that detail is moot. Wood would be easier to work with as well.

Temps dropped 20*c on the hard drive and GPU for me, as well as making the keyboard noticably less steamy.
 
Back
Top