Laptop Screen Going Bad?

DeepSpin

n00b
Hello,

I think the screen on my HP N5310 may be on a downward trend. Sometimes a thin but bright white line will flash on the screen horizontally. The flash only lasts for a few seconds and it's a thin line, but I'm not sure what's causing it. It doesn't matter what program is running, the line will flash in all prorgams. Another problem that I've noticed is when shutting down before the laptop cuts off, a large square box will appear with a bunch of numbers and different colors. Not sure what that is either. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Lance

well i have never had the "thin white line" problem, but the shutting down with numbers and colors is an operating system bug during shutdown. try updating windows, of turn off fast shutdown in msconfig.

I work on these N5000 series laptops all day long. Its your display telling you its about to die. Sometimes the inverter is the problem but from what you saying its the LCD. If and when it goes open it up and get the model number inside and look on the net to see who has it for sell. Or just let me know I might get you one.

Back