Laptop Recommendation Needed!

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a laptop for my uncle. He does not want an IBM, HP or Dell.

He is looking for something PC based for everyday use and we are currently looking at Lenovo, Samsung and Sony's. Do you have any recommendations/good deals for something in the $500-$800 range. Thanks!

Well, my answer is what it is 90% of the time -- Thinkpad!

You haven't been too specific on what size he needs or what exactly your everyday tasks involve, but a nice standard laptop would be something like the Thinkpad T410 or T420. They are slightly out of your price range (start around $850 looking at the current website), but if you are willing to buy refurbished, returned, or re-used then you could pick one up easily at outlet.lenovo.com.

Thinkpad Edge 425 is an option you could pick up new, but I haven't used one or read the reviews extensively. You can get one new with the AMD A4 processor and 4GB of RAM for right around $500 though.

Can you give us more specifics about what he'll be doing with it, what you need as regards battery life, and what size you'd prefer? I recommended two 14" options because I think that's a nice standard size, but some people prefer larger or smaller.

Good luck!

Back