• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop Power Supply cable splicing

ubers99

n00b
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
4
Dear [H] members,

I recently got a new cr-48, so I have two laptops now. The other laptop is a Dell Latitude E6400. It's a pain having two different power supplies so I have this dilemma. The cr-48 has a 19.5V 40 watt psu, and the E6400 has a 19.5V 90 watt psu. I happen to have a 19.5V 130 watt Dell psu lying around and I would like to know if it would be possible to splice the end of that cable to add another power plug so I could charge both laptops at the same time with the same psu. I was thinking it would work because the voltages are the same and watts add up.

thanks
 
I would be very careful, if you don't do it right and it shorts out It could take out both laptops.
 
Back
Top