• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop Lock for x301

seen

n00b
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
9
I'm in the process of buying an x301 for work and there are times where I step away from my desk.

Can anyone recommend the best lock that would provide 1st line security deterrent (I know that they don't truly work if someone really wants the computer), I've checked around amazon and newegg but can't really tell what would be my best option.

Thanks!
 
Targus or Kensington are probably about the most popular laptop locks. They seem to be pretty nice quality. Around $30 if bought individually. They work great for laptop monitors, and most docking stations you can lock the laptop and dock.
 
I've looked around and found these brands to be a top 3. Targus, Kensington, & Tryten(can someone confirm name brand vs generic difference)? The products all look the same, anyone with personal experience?
 
Back
Top