Laptop keyboard deal-breakers

reb00tin

Gawd
I'm shopping for a laptop with separate Insert, Delete, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn keys but can't find any. They usually have some combo key that requires two hands. Also most have the Power button right next to some other key where you'll be pressing it accidentally.

Any ideas?

I'm shopping for a laptop with separate Insert, Delete, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn keys but can't find any. They usually have some combo key that requires two hands. Also most have the Power button right next to some other key where you'll be pressing it accidentally.

Any ideas?

I say: don't stress about it.

On my MacBook Pro, I just learned to use the keyboard shortcuts for those commands (Cmd + left or right moves to the front or end of a line, for example, while Option + left/right moves word-by-word). It's not as convenient as a desktop keyboard, but you develop that intuitive behavior fairly quickly.

And while I can't speak about every possible laptop, I haven't had issues with accidentally hitting the power button on my system.

You are looking at the wrong laptops then.

Look at Dell Precision M3510 or any of the other larger laptops that have full keyboards on them.

Even the old Dell Latitude e6420/6430 has dedicated keys.

Just looked at my Precision M4800 and it has dedicated keys as well.

The power button on all of those is also not on the keyboard.

I found Samsung NP900X5N-L01US, too expensive, not customizable, no BIOS updates if you're running Linux.

Also, some of the Dell Inspiron 15 series but not all have Numpad and it's hard to find photos -- 7th gen with Intel-only 620 graphics, 1920x1080, no touch screen, back-lit keyboard because I can't type or find keys, Dell really needs to fix their website.

Back