Laptop help.

dell has killer deals with their coupons. Get a 9300 I'd recommend it I love mine.

I agree, i love my i9300 and i especially love the deal i got with 40% off.

Pitbull said:
I'm about to order a laptop but i'm not really sure.
http://www.directron.com/z71v.html is one of my choices with upgrade to 2.0ghz dothan 1g ram, or get the sager http://www.powernotebooks.com/specs/PowerPro/g3-8.php
with 2.0 chip 1g ram etc pretty much same specs.

Feel free to give me suggestions and hints as you guys probably know much more about these systems than i do.
Thank you for any help.

z71v and don't get the pm 2.0ghz cpu. why?

the z71v has a dip switch that changes the fsb from 400mhz to 533mhz. get a 400mhz cpu and flip the switch and it overclocks it by changing the fsb to 533mhz. google asus z71v dip switch, i read an article somewhere about every single step to do this.

I placed an order for the asus with 533 chip while the forum was down :/

I didnt see any deals withd ell going on either. Hopefully i'll be satisfied.
Thanks for your comments and help.

Pitbull said:
I placed an order for the asus with 533 chip while the forum was down :/

I didnt see any deals withd ell going on either. Hopefully i'll be satisfied.
Thanks for your comments and help.
Dell has pulled their coupons for the time being.
I think the Asus was a good choice. Let us know what you think of it after it arrives :)

you'll still have a good chip though. making one 33% faster is like how my 2.4c goes to 3.2...and its quite a difference.probably could still find a 725 or 735 on ebay for close to 120 (i just did). i'm looking at the z71v also, but the msi ms-1032 has also caught my attention (standard w/dvd burner and glossy screen. but only does ddr pc-3200)

yeah shoulda got a 400FSB 1.6GHz and OC'd it to 2.13, almost all ppl have good luck with 1.6GHz cpus and under, the 1.5GHz works pretty much 99.9% of the time when OC'd to 2.0GHz

the Asus was a good choice IMO,

Oh, and sager doesn't make their own. the one pitbull linked to is a saibo (quanta is also credited as making them, but i can't find their website at all). sager also seems to use a couple that might be made by prostar but they also sell em, so maybe they aren't the ODM/OEM.

pre1014 said:
Oh, and sager doesn't make their own. the one pitbull linked to is a saibo (quanta is also credited as making them, but i can't find their website at all). sager also seems to use a couple that might be made by prostar but they also sell em, so maybe they aren't the ODM/OEM.
Sager does not make their own laptops. They also use Clevo chassis as well.

Back