Laptop help

Hello all
I need to "pick your brain"
My main laptop --- every day use got screw up - die on me :confused:
It will not start - I left it with a guy who owns a small computer store and repair stuff for a reasonable price ( I don't know nothing about computers NOTHING at all :eek:
I ask him to make sure and save all my files all my documents - well guess what he lost it all:mad:
He said that hard drive have to be replaced and this caused to wipe down all the files.
On the top of it my legit Window Vista was also gone.
I don't have a original disk to reload it.The stickers on the bottom of laptop with info are either rubbed of or removed.
I'm getting messages that my windows OS is counterfeit --- :mad::rolleyes:
What to do without loosing all my docs / pictures etc.
:confused:

WOW

So, you took it to a repair shop / computer store and he loads a new HDD with counterfeit windows?

He said the HDD had to be replaced, did he give you the old one back?
If he gave you the old one back, you should be able to get a SATA to usb device to plug it in and you can access it from windows computer management..... That's if the guy didn't steal it / damage it.

But as for the OS issue, your outta luck..... You will have to go out and buy a legit copy now, and keep the key in a safe place now with the disk.

I got screwed :mad:

He did not contacted me or give me the old HD
Now I have to download probably Win 7 (disc is not available at the stores ).
Get all my existing programs on external drive / thumb drive and start installation.
$120 bucks down to drain, I just hope that the current status of my laptop will allowed me to do it :confused:

Back