Laptop HD Adapter

Chris-R

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 15, 2002
Messages
183
I was wondering if anyone knows how good the EBAY ones work? and if there okay which are the best ones to go for? Thanks
 
AFAIK, they are all pretty equal. Never had a bad experience with one, both of the ones i've used did their job, no problems.
 
depends where you use it - some are aluminum directly touching your hard drive casing - great heat dissipations. others have no fans and totally enclose it - you'll burn it out pretty fast if it's not properly standing.
 
The link is what im talking about. And thanks for all the info guys [H] Rocks.. :D !!!!!
 
I use these, too. There's one in my toolbox for whenever I upgrade my laptop. I use one to siphon the old data off, then wipe the drive before putting it back into the laptop and selling it.

They're not too fast; ATA-66 at best. I don't think it's good to use one permanently, but they're great for cleaning up and fixing.

.B ekiM
 
Yeah i plan to do what u do Mike... but in time i would like to findout if anyone has used one premanetly like for a HTPC or small computer... thanks again guys i plan to purchase one soon for my laptop hds i have from family memebers...
 
Got one in my backup box (lets me IM & stuff while gaming). Some guy gave me a 20GB laptop drive & I put it to good use.
 
Back
Top