Laptop Graphics Card Question

Keller

n00b
I am customizing a laptop at Dell.com and the model I chose (Latitude D620) only has one graphics card option, the 256MB NVIDIA® Quadro NVS 110M TurboCache™. I just wanted to make sure this card would perform well in games? I would be playing games such as CS:Source, BF2, Warcraft III, etc. If anyone has any experience with this card/laptop I would appreciate if you gave me some of your thoughts on it.

In case you were wondering, the specs are as follows:

Latitude D620 Intel® Core™ Duo T2500 (2.00GHz) 667Mhz Dual Core
Operating Systems Genuine Windows® XP Professional, SP2, with media
LCDs 14.1 inch Wide Screen WXGA+ LCD Panel
Memory 1.0GB, DDR2-533 SDRAM, 2 DIMMS
Internal Keyboard Internal English Keyboard
Graphics 256MB NVIDIA® Quadro NVS 110M TurboCache™
Hard Drives 80GB Hard Drive, 9.5MM, 7200RPM
Fingerprint Reader for Added Security Standard Touchpad
Floppy Drive No Floppy Drive
Bluetooth Dell Wireless® 350 Bluetooth Module
AC Adapter 90W A/C Adapter
Optical Drive - Modular 8X DVD+/-RW w/Roxio Digital Media™ and Cyberlink Power DVD™
Wireless LAN (802.11) Intel® 3945 802.11a/g Dual-Band Mini Card
Resource CD No Resource CD
Batteries 9 Cell Primary Battery

I also wanted to make sure that the 90W A/C Adapter and 9 Cell Primary battery were okay for my intended use. It will be a laptop for college so I intend on using it in the dorm room for gaming and schoolwork and maybe taking it to some classes. Would I have any problems with heat/overheating or power, etc.?

One last question, nowhere does it mention Integrated 10/100/1000 and this is something that I need. Is it just on their automatically like I believe most systems have now? I just want to make sure.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of my questions. Sorry for the long post, I just want to make sure my laptop purchase gets me everything I need.

The NVS 110m is based on the go7300, a low end card but it should play the games you listed just fine. This thread has some user impressions of the D620 and how well it plays games.

The 90W adapter and 9-cell won't affect anything with heat or power (except longer battery life). Dell only recommends the 90W with the 9-cell so that the battery can be charged quickly (ExpressCharge). The adapter will only get close to outputting 90W when you're charging the battery and running something CPU and GPU intensive.

It comes with ethernet, "Network adapter - 1 Gb Ethernet LAN on system board" according to the User Guide - Specifications.

Thanks for that link. Could you think of a desktop graphics card equivalent to the Quadro NVS 110M? Like would it run as well as a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB?

its pretty lower than a 9800pro , id have to say a FX 5600? or so ... atleast thats what my GeForce 7400GO 128mb Turbo cache felt like , allthough it played CS at 1024x768

Back