• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop gpu help

botw

Gawd
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
593
I'm about to purchase a new laptop for home and occassional travel use and am leaning towards an Inspiron 15 as a decent compromise for value and performance. The primary applications would be on-the-go photo and video editing, office stuff, and possibly light gaming.

Would I get more bang for my buck from upgrading the base x4500HD to an ATI mobility 4330 or spending essentially the same amount upgrading the CPU from a t6500 to a p8600. Although I know the 4330 would be marginally better than the x4500 for gaming, it's no great shakes in its own right. In any event, I am primarily concerned about my ability to effectively edit short videos and run Lightroom effectively.

Thanks for your thoughts
 
Back
Top