Laptop for wife

Trimlock

[H]F Junkie
Hello,

I am at it again! I know there are a ton of laptops out there and Im not too interested in maximizing out the processing potential of this laptop. I know what good laptops are but Im out of touch with a few things that laptops come with:

Cam Quality
Trackpad Quality
Heat

She has no clue what AMD or Intel is, or "what a ram is" but she does know Cam quality, which will be used for Skype and she uses it a lot so this is in particular a huge selling point. I gave her my old C2D Laptop but the camera broke so shes constantly using mine (HORRENDOUS!!!) and now shes ready to get her own.

So what I'm asking you guys what $400-$500 laptops are there that excel in camera quality?

External webcams are the way to go if you want good quality, the best webcams on laptops right now are only 2 MP.

A quick search on Amazon and Newegg and I'm not getting too many choices under $500 with a 2MP camera. Most are reserved for more expensive models...

External webcams are the way to go if you want good quality, the best webcams on laptops right now are only 2 MP.

A quick search on Amazon and Newegg and I'm not getting too many choices under $500 with a 2MP camera. Most are reserved for more expensive models...

Thats what I wanted to know! 2.0 is it I guess.

I found Lenovo is doing a special on the 570's, I can get one for $580 and it comes with the 2.0mp cam. I think I'll go with that instead. Im not going to hand her a webcam and tell her to carry it with her, she can't even handle a mem stick with disney movies on it attached to her keychains!

I know these Lenovo's are not the top build quality either, but they come up with some pretty good hardware for the price.

Back