Laptop for my Mom $400-500 range

Shakezilla

[H]ard|Gawd
So we are getting my mom a laptop for her birthday.

A email checking, solitaire playing, picture viewing beast is needed.

Looking at something 13-15.6 inches. Actually might prefer smaller than 15.6 because of less weight, longer battery life.

My parents do not upgrade computers much, the "family" computer is a P4 that still chugs through the aforementioned tasks (although browsing is painful).

So while the range does not allow for anything beefy, I would like it be be snappy with browsing and everything in the next couple years.

This laptop so far has caught my eye: HP g6-1b60us A4-3300M $430
With a 1 year extended warranty it is $515, with a rebate too. Only thing I am worried about is not sure how good the battery life is (I am disappointed in my laptops battery life which is less than two hours watching a movie, and build quality).

If anyone has any better recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks.

go to costco get her a acer aspire one. great little things with good battery life i got my mom one for her to stream tv

Chromebook? I think they are over priced for what you get, but it seems to fit her bill, and it you can get 3G wherever wifi isn't around.

We ended up getting the HP in the OP.

Went to microcenter, I thought it felt pretty solid for a cheap laptop. Track pad is not bad, screen looks good.

Now I need to get a networked printer for them lol

I got a HP Officejet 4500 Wireless from Costco for like $70 last month. It's a nice little printer for just printing word documents. Definitely does a decent job for its price.

Back