I've got a Hitachi 60 gig drive in my laptop that seems to spin up but makes hell of a racket after a while. It never sounded right when I got it a couple months ago, and ran a lot warmer than my old drive so I know I should have dealt with it before this but I've been too busy. It makes a clacking sound somewhat repeatedly and usually hangs. I've already got a new drive on the way and am hoping to try the old freezer trick to get the drive to run long enough (it seems to die after it gets warm) to transfer data. What I'd like to do is just copy the whole drive over to the new one though.
Does anyone know anything about those Simpletech drivelink transfer kits and whether they're worth the trouble? That's the most common kit I've found for sale right now. Hopefully I can get everything transferred over and scrap the old drive.
Does anyone know anything about those Simpletech drivelink transfer kits and whether they're worth the trouble? That's the most common kit I've found for sale right now. Hopefully I can get everything transferred over and scrap the old drive.