• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop Down! Is it: A) Processor B) MB or C) Windows?

Epsilon

n00b
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
32
My laptop was working fine, then I tried to turn it on and it started to load windows, which had the scroll bar go across the screen 2 times before a quick flash of blue screen with random characters and then auto reboot. I then got the screen asking to start windows from last known good config, but the same thing happens. I tried safe mode and every option available and I just can't do anything with the computer.
From what I have described, does this sound like my processor is gone or is it something else.
Thanks for any help
 
There's almost no way it's your processor. It sounds like your hard drive. Try and run Windows repair from the CD, or checkdisk from a live CD.
 
yup sounds like HDD. i seriously doubt you would even get a message if it was your processor. I just repaired a clients pc who had the same problem. I thought it was the OS until i noticed that an ide pin was broken..
 
ok, I will try to use my windows cd, hopefully i get lucky and this resolves the issue. However, if it is the Hard drive IDK how it could be anything other than the hard drive just failing, because the laptop has worked fine for 4 years now and I have never dropped it, so I doubt it is just a loose or broken pin :( or IDE problem.
 
Back
Top