• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop doesn't recognize Samsung 970 m.2?

w35t

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
2,508
I've needed to expand the storage in my laptop for some time so I decided to grab a 500gb Samsung 970 and install it in the laptop in my signature. When I run the Samsung nvme driver it says no device connected. I'm not seeing the drive listed in the device manager or in the bios. I know this laptop supports pcie gen 3 x4, is there some other requirement for compatibility I'm not aware of? Any suggestions?
 
go into Bios....go to boot options.. click on any that are highlighted..does it show up in the list ?

Also this was an Option that needed to be ordered from factory when you bought it. Was it purchased with this option ? If not you can not put NVME into that slot..has to be SATA
 
Last edited:
Back
Top