Laptop cooling for a 19" SLI - Need advice

fpok

n00b
I recently purchased a 19" SLI (yeah its pricey...). What I am looking for is a laptop cooler to help regulate the temperature on this guy. Most of the cooleris I have found are only 15-17" in size. Also, I am looking for superior cooling over the extra "noise" from the fans. I could not find a review that compared several products against each other.

If y'all can let me know what cooling solutions you are using with your "desknotes" I'd appreciate it.

Now interms of getting the best cooliong performance, one Idea I had was to use 2 coolers. One is a heatpipe laptop cooler to use directly under the laptop (http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/std/sku=notebook_cooler). Then place this rather flat laptop cooler ontop of a decent fan laptop cooler (Thermaltake Coolpad Notebook).

Matchin up the surfance area will be a challenger...

I appreciate the help/advice, Thanks!!

Lappy specs below... and i'ts still not shipped yet. =(

============================================

Aviator AX9

Integrated V.92 56K Fax/Data Modem - Qty: 1
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Qty: 1
Internal 802.11G 54Mbps Wireless Mini PCI Network Adapter - Qty: 1
MS Windows XP Professional CD & Manual SP2 Pre-Installed & Configured - Qty: 1
1 Year Platinum Warranty with 24/7 Toll-Free Tech Support - Qty: 1
100GB 7200rpm Serial-ATA Hard Drive with NCQ & 8MB Cache - Qty: 1
(No Disaster Recovery DVD) - Qty: 1
8X DVD ± R/W Drive Dual Layer w/ DVD Recording Software - Qty: 1
Aviator AX9: World's First Notebook with Nvidia SLI (19" Desktop Replacement) - Qty: 1
2.4GHz AMD Turion™ 64 ML-44 Mobile Processor / 1MB Cache / 35 Watt - Qty: 1
Aviator AX9 in Silver with Graphite Accents - Qty: 1
NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI™ (CK804) Chipset Mobile Motherboard for AX9 - Qty: 1
DUAL Nvidia GeForce Go 7800 GTX PCI-Express 256MB in SLI - Qty: 1
Built-in Serial-ATA I/II Controller - Qty: 1
19" WSXGA+ 1680x1050 VividView™ Display w/ Super Clear Glossy Surface - Qty: 1
Built-in 4-Speaker AC'97 3D Sound System for AX9 with SRS WOW - Qty: 1
Internal Bluetooth™ Module for AX9 - Qty: 1
1024MB Mushkin PC3200 DDR400 SODIMM (Low Latency 3-3-3) - Qty: 2

I'd atleast wait until you get it before buying a cooler. Depending on how it is designed, the bottom may not even get hot. When Dell designed the D600 it was the palm rest that got hot, on the D610 it's the back left hand corner and hinge that heat up. So you never know what your going to be dealing with until you have it you hands and then you'll know if you need a cooler and what areas it needs to cool.

yeah that makes practical sense, lol. Ive used laptops for a long time and they always heat up so was trying to get some upfront feedback so I'd know what to expect with a 19" lappy. I dont think any coolers are designed for 19" yet...

Back