Laptop Barebones Chassis

mmarsh

Limp Gawd
I am looking at a 15'6 Ultralight GAMING laptop. I am not completely satisfied with the current offerings so I am thinking of doing it myself.

The emphasis of this build is portability on planes, trains, etc. A gaming rig that wont break my back. (Think Razer Blade or MSI GS60 Ghost)

First Question is:

Can anyone recommend a Ultraslim/light laptop chassis in 15.6 inch. Brands like Clevo. I need space to fit a 860M and a Intel 4700MQ

You want to build something yourself that's as thin and light as the Razer Blade?

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yeah I know there is also the upcoming GS60 Pro and Lenovo Y50

Its just that none of these PCs are perfect, the GS60 battery for example is pretty bad and the SSD is small.

I think I can build what I want for cheaper and also for kicks too as I have never built a laptop before.

Yeah I know there is also the upcoming GS60 Pro and Lenovo Y50

Its just that none of these PCs are perfect, the GS60 battery for example is pretty bad and the SSD is small.

I think I can build what I want for cheaper and also for kicks too as I have never built a laptop before.

You're smoking crack man.

Generally the tradeoff for modularity is less space efficiency. The desktop PC for example is the most modular by far but with the most wasted space.

So unless, like mentioned, you want to actually completely fabricate original parts from original designs you are going to have to sacrifice size/weight.

What are you currently looking for and what are some of the drawbacks to you for the laptops you've looked at?

Back