• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laptop as HTPC..?

mikey88

n00b
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
17
Is it a good idea to use a laptop for home theater purpose?

I got Dell Studio 1537. Can I use it to make my movie experience go wow? I currently use Windows Media Player 11, if this matters in any way.

I got two screens at the moment with me - Samsung T220 and 42'' HDTV. I'd prefer using T220 over the 42''.

The laptop has HDMI out, and the monitor has DVI. Can I use this combination? Will I be able to see HD content? How about video quality - will it be good?

Please suggest how do I go about it.
 
Just looked up the specs for this machine and its more than adaquate for HTPC purposes. I have a tx2 tablet that has the HD3200 and it can play BD content stutter free so the HD3450 and more power CPU will be even better.

You just need a proper cable or converter to go from HDMI to DVI and don't worry, its all digital so no image degradation will occur.

So its simply a matter of determining the type of content you want to play. You don't have a BD drive I don't think so that might be an issue but other than that you should be good to go.
 
Back
Top