• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lapping my Ultra 120

Nemik8800

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
252
Well my Ultra 120 needs to be lapped. Temps are about 40c load at stock clock on my e6750, 23-25 at idle. Which is not bad, but I am getting uneven heat distribution through out each core. It could be due to a lot of factors, but the fact is that the machining process on the finish of the heat sink is bad. I mean you can tell the most they have done to it is finish it up real slow with a UFO cutter, when they should have put it in a surface grinder to finish it. Anyways is it ok to just lap my heat sink? Because I might want to sell this CPU. And what are the steps needed?
 
read graysky's lapping guide. worked perfectly for me... I think its stickied in the oc threads
 
Back
Top