LANPARTY / P4 640 Compatable?

Tweakin

[H]ard|Gawd
So I recently purchased a DFI LANPARTY 875P-T motherboard and a P4 640. After nothing but problems (please see here) , leading to an RMA of the board, only which to find myself now RMAing the processor- I am asking myself... are the new 6XX intel procs compatable with the popular LP 875P-T?

I am now standing to lose more then a months worth of time on my mobo/cpu upgrade and am at a loss as to why. I sent an email off to DFI asking rather they have tests with their LANPARTY and the new intel procs but have yet to receive an answer. Has anyone had such a setup running themselves, or know of a reason they may not like eachother?

N/M it does take LGA 775 Processors. Go to there website, and look for a BIOS update. Alot of manufactors that make LGA 775 processors been releasing BIOS updates to support the 6xx series processors.

Lazy_Moron said:
N/M it does take LGA 775 Processors. Go to there website, and look for a BIOS update. Alot of manufactors that make LGA 775 processors been releasing BIOS updates to support the 6xx series processors.

Yeah, I need a working LGA775 processor for that though :) I did look through there last 3 or 4 BIOS updates for any flags about 6XX, but did not find any.

I was researching this for you and your problem is because that mobo doesnt have a supported chipset. The 6xx series processors only support the 915 and 925 chipsets. Drop down to the 5xx series and you will be fine :p

Back