Lancool 2 Mesh Performance Fan Question

Hello, all! I'm brand new to the site and fairly new to the PC community as a whole. Also on mobile so please forgive any errors. I do apologize if this is the wrong place to post this!
I suppose I should start with main hardware first.
Mobo; Asus Strix B450I
Cpu; Ryzen 3600X with stock cooler auto OC in Asus bios
Gpu; Asrock Taichi 5700xt UV to run cooler
Ram; Corsair Vengence Pro 3,200 16×2
Case; Lancool 2 Mesh Performance
Psu; Corsair CX650F

I recently put together a computer for the first time myself and was wondering if perhaps I dont have the best fan set up. As title said, I have a Lancool 2 Mesh Performance. I'm currently running the stock 140mm fans in the front as intake, stock 120mm rear exhaust. I added in 2 Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm on the top as exhaust as well as 2 Corsair LL 120mm in the bottom above PSU for intake. 6 fans are wired to the cases controller, and controller is wired to chasis fan slot on mobo. The 7th fan (one of the LL 120s, this one directly above psu) is wired to mobo aio pump connector. All fans are set to PWM in bios. Does this set up sound fine? Or is there anything I should change regarding fans? It seems as though everything is running cool and fine, but I suppose I'm looking for reassurance or advice from those that have much more experience than I. Any suggestions/tips would be great!

Attachments

• 20201202_191417.jpg
    20201202_191417.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 0
for optimal performance i would suggest getting a bigger heatsink when you can.
I definitely am planning on doing that. The cpu doesn't get above 60c currently. I'm hoping that sometime next year there will be better stock of the 5600x cpus and either 30 series nvidia or 6000 amd cards to go around so I can upgrade. Once I swap cpu I'll be changing mobo and putting a much better cooler on it.

I recommend watching this video:

or if you hate videos, this article:
https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3602-lian-li-lancool-ii-mesh-case-review

Both of the above are testing the Lancool II Mesh, which is almost the same as the Lancool II Mesh Performance, just with RGB added, I think. It adds a fan controller, maybe? I'm not sure how it is different from the Performance version.

I did watch his video! He's the one that finally made me decide to get the case. I love it so far, I suppose I was just unsure on if my set up is good or if maybe I was messing with pressure with the fan set ups or any faults like that. I suppose I was mostly double checking to make sure my set up seems good to go from those that are more experienced in this than I am.

I did watch his video! He's the one that finally made me decide to get the case. I love it so far, I suppose I was just unsure on if my set up is good or if maybe I was messing with pressure with the fan set ups or any faults like that. I suppose I was mostly double checking to make sure my set up seems good to go from those that are more experienced in this than I am.
I know what you mean. I often feel the same way after a new build. "Could it be better?"

You could try testing a few different fan combinations to see what works best by running the same workloads (CPU heavy, GPU heavy, etc.) and comparing temperatures between the setups, but that is a very time consuming thing to do. Moving fans around is a pain and waiting for temperature steady state between tests is like 15 minutes so you have to dedicate yourself to getting the results for meaningful comparisons.

Sometimes less is more, too, so I would try a couple tests with a fan or two unplugged (but still installed) to see what kind of an effect it has on CPU/GPU temps. You might find a combination that has less noise but better overall thermals due to a fan interfering with the flow of air through the chassis.

I know what you mean. I often feel the same way after a new build. "Could it be better?"

You could try testing a few different fan combinations to see what works best by running the same workloads (CPU heavy, GPU heavy, etc.) and comparing temperatures between the setups, but that is a very time consuming thing to do. Moving fans around is a pain and waiting for temperature steady state between tests is like 15 minutes so you have to dedicate yourself to getting the results for meaningful comparisons.

Sometimes less is more, too, so I would try a couple tests with a fan or two unplugged (but still installed) to see what kind of an effect it has on CPU/GPU temps. You might find a combination that has less noise but better overall thermals due to a fan interfering with the flow of air through the chassis.
Okay, sounds good, thank you! So far I've undervolted gpu a bit to drop temps. Doesn't get about 83c on junction with 50% fan speed. Although in cinebench 20, my cpu tops out at 81c with stock cooler and the mobo handling slight overclock. I think my first test will be to unplug one of the Pure Wings from the top exhaust and run with 4 intakes and 2 exhausts. Id imagine that should support more positive airflow. Again, thank you for your advice!

Back