LANBOX owners

Rhialto

Gawd
I got the windowed one with a RaptorX. I find the HD noisy when it seeks, resonating in the case. Anyone else noticed this and found a solution? I don't know why they have not included rubber enclosed screw? Would have helped a bit.

Goto your local hardware store and buy some small rubber o-rings, they should have an assortment of them, take a screw with you and match some up. I have the non windowed version with a 74 raptor, and I dont notice it much.

The windowed Raptors are noisier than the non windowed Raptors. Its normal. You can do as Freemason suggested to help but I think you'll find it'll only help a little.

The windowed Raptors are noisier than the non windowed Raptors. Its normal. You can do as Freemason suggested to help but I think you'll find it'll only help a little.

The window don't explain why it would be noiser. What I mean is the seeking can be heard because of the case. In my hand it is quieter. So rubber will help a little... I will have to test it.

If you have it mounted in the HDD rack also you can use dynamat(used for soundproofing cars and other equipment) find a local stereo shop and ask for some scraps of it. It is adhesive backed and place some sround the cage, but not blocking what little airflow that 90mm provides. Just another thought I had today that might help you out.

It is mounted on the side so I can see it seek. :) But it's a good idea, thanks.

Back