Lanbox Lite + CPU Cooler... but which?

loft

Limp Gawd
I'm going to be building a Core i7 system soon, and am totally undecided what cooler to use with this & a Lanbox Lite. I've read somewhere that the max height that will fit is 10cm. Any suggestions on what to use? The system will be overclocked as much as possible (without modifying vcore) so... I feel lost. Hmmpf.

Depending on your motherboard, your best choices are (validated and confirmed to fit, ranked in my preference):

-Scythe Ninja Mini (running one on my LL right now, Q6600 @3.6, JUST fits)
-Thermaltake AXP-140 (watch out if you're using memory with large (tall) heatsinks or running on a motherboard with a northbridge heatsink >40mm high
-Zalman 8700

I don't run a i7 system so have no idea re 1366 mounting compatability.

Depending on your motherboard, your best choices are (validated and confirmed to fit, ranked in my preference):

-Scythe Ninja Mini (running one on my LL right now, Q6600 @3.6, JUST fits)
-Thermalright AXP-140 (watch out if you're using memory with large (tall) heatsinks or running on a motherboard with a northbridge heatsink >40mm high
-Zalman 8700

I don't run a i7 system so have no idea re 1366 mounting compatability.

fixed

I'm aiming to use a DFI lanparty jr... looking at the scythe mini ninja now and I'm thinking that's what I'll be using. Can anyone confirm compatibility?

can anyone confirm if the Scythe Ninja Mini will work with the Asus M3N78-EM with standard size rams?

can anyone confirm if the Scythe Ninja Mini will work with the Asus M3N78-EM with standard size rams?

if it comes with the am2 bracket.. it should fit..

as for the op'er.. i have no clue if it has an lga-1366 bracket.. but i dont see the that heatsink being enough for that processor.. so good luck..

Coolermaster Gemin II also fits - I'm rocking that in my box as well.

does the Coolermaster Gemin II have problems with the 2x60mm fans in the back? also, can you still pull out the motherboard tray with the Gemin II installed?

Back