• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

LAN within a single PC

brncao

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
231
I would like to connect multiple terminals (monitors and input devices) using my gaming PC as the central hub. We're not talking about connecting two PCs. I need to somehow "split" the PC into two instances rather than buying another PC. Is this possible?
 
I find that an axe or a hacksaw works best when I want to "split the PC into two".
 
This is in the wrong section, you want to go to virtualization for this.

You're going to need a CPU that supports VT-D, two graphics cards, and a hyper visor to make this work.
 
What are you wanting to do this for, OP?
Depending on your use-case there may be a couple different options.

You say you want to connect "terminals" but then in parenthesis you have monitor and input devices. So I'm guessing you're not using terminal the normal sense that it would be used, as terminal and "monitor and input devices" are different and could have different requirements.
 
This is in the wrong section, you want to go to virtualization for this.

You're going to need a CPU that supports VT-D, two graphics cards, and a hyper visor to make this work.

Sverreerik is correct. The box in my sig does this, and does it well. The people in virtualization should be able to help you.
 
Back
Top