LAN pc cases

Shinryu

Limp Gawd
Hey guys and girls, I am wondering if any of you can recommend me a good LAN pc case, I am planning to go too uni in a couple of months but I need a case that I can carry around with me seeing as I will be alot more mobile.

Any recommendations welcome :)

Are you looking for certain restrictions/specifications? Size? Esthetics?

I dont mind lugging a 30lb case around, but that's just me

well in terms of components,I am looking at putting in a micro atx motherboard, with a core 2 duo processor and a 8800 gts, so the case needs to be able to hold these kind of components.

In terms of weight, something not as heavy as a fully loaded antec p180, I at the moment have that case, and lumbering that about is tiresome, not because of the weight,but the dimensions of the case itself.

Well there are lots of choices and lots of reasons for each.

X-QPack - very easy to lug around, and is light doing it. Though it feels flimsy when unloaded, once put together this case is rather solid. Cons: Short ROM drives and short powersupplies a must.

Silverstone SG01/SG01e - shorter, and longer than the X-QPack, but easy to manipulate. Would fit your requirements for hardware also. Pro: It has a carrying bag that you can get and sling over the shoulder. Conns: A little bigger.

Shuttle SD39 - My favorite lan machine. Core 2 with a nice card and a thermaltake 250 PSU in the ROM Bay turns this into a great small lan machine. Definately smaller than others, and with a e6600 it can handle a mild overclock and make a nice little lan box. I would mod the side of the enclosure so the Graphics card had more room to hum.

Lian Li V300 - The shape hampers video cards, but that is nothing that a dremel can't fix. Its a nice case for lanning, and the side entry for the ROM bay is rather unique.

for me they all do a good job. Better than a big hulking box, and just as fun too.

cheers, I checked the Shuttle SD39,and the price is very high for what it is, hmm £309 it was.

Does it actually come with a quad core already? :p or is it the motherboard already built in that adds to the price?

Any recommendations welcome :)

Are you looking for certain restrictions/specifications? Size? Esthetics?

I dont mind lugging a 30lb case around, but that's just me

Thermaltake Armor (mines a BNS version) + Full Tower Thermaltake lan strap.

70_lbs_fileserver_01.jpg

70_lbs_fileserver_02.jpg

70_lbs_fileserver_03.jpg

armor.file.server.1.jpg

l_intel_sac_lan_01_022.jpg

So I assume you lug that around then? lol pretty neat setup though,maybe I need a Lan strap instead

I do (as much as I can), but I use a cart also.

STRAP - room to car
CART - car to lan table

The only time when I'm concerned about bringing two rigs is space for other people. When I'm driving myself to other lans, I have plenty of room (with out using the trunk).

The only time when I'm concerned about bringing two rigs is space for other people. When I'm driving myself to other lans, I have plenty of room (with out using the trunk).

We routinely lan with our group of 9-11 people, often putting 4-5 Antec Sonata 2-sized cases, 17/19" CRTs + in-box 19" LCDs, a half dozen 12packs of Coke and 4 people in my car.... A Chevy Optra :p

I figure the tighter it is, the less damage will be done by my excentric driving :D

Back