LAN Network Transfer File Manager

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Tomson, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Tomson

Tomson [H]Lite

Anyone know of one of these?

I'm looking for a bit of software that will allow be to queue up items and then hit 'GO' and they'll be transferred in order over LAN not the Intenret, ideally was thinking of something that had a similiar interface to most FTP clients.

I want this as I find often I have a list of files/folders that I need to move and it can be a bit annoying sometimes waiting until a 4gb file has transferred before I can navigate to another directory and transfer something else.

Thanks in advance.

I did google it, but as I predicted I got a lot of results from FTP clients and nothing revelvant to what I wanted.

2. SpaceHonkey

SpaceHonkey Gawd

3. mryerse

mryerse 2[H]4U

Umm... NetBIOS?

What operating systems are you working with?

Assuming you use windows... windows file sharing lets you send/receive a large file (such as a 4GB file), and while its transfering, you can still browse the folders on the other computer's shares.

4. Tomson

Tomson [H]Lite

The transfers are between my client XP PC and a Windows 2003 server over a 100Mb/s LAN.

I know that I can still browse other shares while a transfer is in place, but what I want to be able to do is queue up all the transfers I need to make saving me waiting for 1 transfer to end before sending another.

I know I can send multiple transfers at one time but this makes my PC grind to a halt, so i'd rather be able to transfer each item in turn in a similiar way that items can be queued for transfer in FTP clients.

5. MatDef

MatDef [H]ardness Supreme

6. Tomson

Tomson [H]Lite

SpaceHonkey - thanks, not exactly what I wanted though

MatDef - Seems to work great :) thanks for that.

I'm surprised there aren't more apps like this, or am I alone in finding an app like this really useful and timesaving?

7. mryerse

mryerse 2[H]4U

You could also write a batch script....

xcopy works well.