lan-gear Infinity Mini ITX Case

lan-gear.jpg

As much as I'd like to see them build it I won't believe it till I see it too. Do we have a someone that posts here living over there to verify it?

seems like such a dysfunctional setup. the guy who started langear is from america, i think the idea developed on [h] b/c i remember him taking and providing feedback very regularly. then one day he dropped off the face of the earth. stopped responding to support emails. everything. then some guy on some french forum starts promoting langear. making promises that the case is coming in a couple months. then a couple more. and more. fast forward over a year passes. now when you look on the langear website it appears it is now based in europe. i have no faith in a company like this.

i just wish i had a finished product, I have to rework the spacing issues on mine.

prototypes with imperfections, my only grip against my prototype is spacing. I can almost live with the other issues it has.

they really need to fix there site:

lan-gear.eu said:
LAN GEAR CASES ARE 100% ALUMINIUM AND BUILD IN USA

stop the lies!

well on mine, i had spacing issues with video card and with my h60. if you use a standard atx psu you would run into the top fan bracket. thus, you should use a 140mm length psu. I had to play with the atx/drive bay bracket to align correctly with the outside drive bay hole. The ssd/hdd holder was too close to the motherboard that I couldn't get the sata power & sata cables to connect cause they would hit against the 24pin motherboard cable/connector. If the case was extended like an inch or so and given more spacing for the ssd/hdd bracket it would work better. I'm alright with the width of the case, just the top fan bracket needs to be adjusted so that width of 120mm fan reservoirs wont hit or put pressure on the side of the video card (6950, might be different with a diff card).

Any chance of taking pictures of the internals? As there is a lack of info about this case from end users

I could do that, I have the case it taken apart right now. One of my front panel usb died so I need to take it out and get a replacement. I did a few minor mods to get everything in the case. First mod, motherboard backplate was a plastic lotes one and was so thick that it pressed against the case. This is mostly fault of the case because the standoffs are too short. So I replaced the backplate with a foxconn thin metal one. Then for side 120mm case fans I have two thin scythe slipstreams that i had to mod so they would mount correctly to the side bracket. It's a nice case still for a beta, It's very modular so you can remove stuff. Problem is getting everything jammed in there. This is why i suggest with this case going 140mm atx depth psu and modular. I have one the 500w silverstone strider plus series in it. works out well. And the H60.

This particular mini computer has been a long-term project cause things got in the way. I just recently put it together. But on my x3470 with top panel off w/ H60 im getting idle temps of 26c. May overclock but i've been working on putting heatsinks on the mosfets, but now i see chipset and CHiL PWM chipset are getting pretty hot so I may do more mods. But then again, this is an old first gen i7 so maybe i wont.

Last edited:
Took some quick pics with the phone, enjoy
CAM00002.jpg

CAM00003.jpg

CAM00004-1.jpg

CAM00007.jpg

CAM00011.jpg

CAM00012.jpg

CAM00013.jpg

CAM00014.jpg

CAM00015.jpg

CAM00016.jpg

CAM00017.jpg

CAM00018.jpg

CAM00019.jpg

CAM00020.jpg

CAM00021.jpg

CAM00022.jpg

CAM00024.jpg

CAM00023.jpg

CAM00025.jpg

Last edited:
That's great. Thanks HaX.

What I didn't understand is where the CPU cooler and PSU exhausted to/pulled from, as case lid top is solid.

Did you ever try PSU mounted with fan facing upwards?

there's no dedicated exhaust vent for the psu, i'll post another pic of top view so you can see what i mean. but the way it works right now, is that the psu sucks air from the inside through the fan (bottom of psu) and shoots it out the side (where the power cord plugs into) and heat exhaust rises out the front top vent.

updated the pictures, you can see the top view of the case to see what the top exhaust is like.

Thanks for additional pic. Makes sense now, as the Lan-Gear EU site proto picture lacked air holes above CPU.

Prefer the concept of this over a Silverstone SG-05. So may purchase once EVGA release their Z77 mini-ITX offering, or something else comes along.

Edit: Wish Lan-Gear offered colors instead of black. Too much of a dirt magnet.

it also has 2x 80mm fan holes (honeycomb) in the rear of the case that i forgot to post a picture of. But the rear holes are so close to my h60 radiator that nothing can be mounted unless it was mounted outside of the case. I can't even get to the lan-gear site now, and no new updates from french forum.

As I've finally received a reply from the European e-mail I'm considering this case instead of a Silverstone SG05/06 due to very similar dimensions while not relying on a propriety PSU. But I have some further questions.

The case looks like a dust trap with all the unfiltered air vents. As my current Silverstone SG03, that has a front filter, still gets dusty inside. So has anyone attached filters to the inside of the Infinity, e.g. cut up tights stuck inside behind air vents, etc? That's the only mod I can think of at moment.

Are the front USB ports capable of USB 3 speeds when attached to appropriate motherboard header? As they have white plastic inserts instead of blue of USB 3.0?

Any case vibration noise issues? As I don't want to tighten screws too much and strip internal paintwork.

Thanks.

Funny how it boasts ATX PSU compatibility with but the only picture with a PSU installed actually shows the ST45SF:

Infinity-Prototypes-1.jpg

Not sure on dust yet, I haven't really made full use of mine. It's sitting on my work bench awaiting new front usb ports, one of them died on me. Luckily, i ordered a replacement through ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270823066901?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

the usb ports use standard usb 2.0 header 10pin, not sure if it's possible to rig it to 3.0 header 20pin (mod intended).

vibration not too bad, i bought some laptop rubber feet and put them on the bottom of the case. I warn ya though, this case has a shit load of screws since it's modular.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Funny how it boasts ATX PSU compatibility with but the only picture with a PSU installed actually shows the ST45SF:

Have you seen the picture i used? I'm using a Silverstone ST50F-P 500 watt 80 bronze ATX PSU

but another good one to use in this case would be the:

Silverstone SST-ST65F-G 650 Watt 80 Gold ATX PSU

The case can boast an ATX psu; however, limitation being 140mm any other length would require modification, plus keep in mind cable length in such a small case. I actually bought the short cable set from silvertone to help out, and I even shortened my PCI-E cable so less cable clutter.

Ah yeah, I missed your pics. Just how tight is the area where the 24-pin plug is on the PSU?

it's tight; however, definitely doable. I had to bend the cable downwards because of the h60 radiator. With all the cables stuffed inside, i don't think I have enough space for another 120mm fan for push/pull. But right now in this case with early testing on my x3470 i was getting very low idle temps which was good; however, that's with the top panel off and side case fans not turned on. There's a lot more testing that needs to be done; however, lack of time is the biggest issue.

I'm waiting for my front usb port panel to come in before i close the case back up, cause like i said there's a crap load of screws and working on a small case takes time.

replacement usb front ports came in and installed them, put it all together; however, i still not done with the inside. Decided I would post some pics:

CAM00036.jpg

Temps.jpg

it's tight; however, definitely doable. I had to bend the cable downwards because of the h60 radiator. With all the cables stuffed inside, i don't think I have enough space for another 120mm fan for push/pull...

The newer Silverstone PSU seems to have better connector placement that might reduce conflict with H60 radiator/fan.

psu.png

I agree the new ones do have better connector placement. they also have a 140mm 650w psu which has the same placement.

Checked their EU website and price has nearly halved since I last checked.

Not sure if worth taking the gamble, or go with Silverstone SG05 Lite. The only advantage I can think of is quieter PSU compared to Silverstone SFX PSU.

Has anyone repainted the Infinity case? As I take it you got to strip existing paintwork first?

Honestly... I wouldn't take the chance. Maybe if I lived in France but even then I'd be leary of them after what happened here.

Honestly... I wouldn't take the chance. Maybe if I lived in France but even then I'd be leary of them after what happened here.

Apparently the manufacturing costs doubled for the ones produced in the US which is why they stopped selling.

Back