Original Thread a little while back:
http://www.xoxideforums.com/worklog-section/73214-frost.html
Ok Sad Story, boo hoo
Been waitin for rainbow six vegas to come out on pc. actually pre-ordered months ago. I get it and cant even play it. video card & CPU not good enough. Heres the delima, why buy a video card & CPU for my system (which has been faithful for years now, but getting old), seen in my signature. I need a pci express, which means I need a new mobo, oh which means I need a new CPU, yup which means DDR2, and a complete friggin upgrade. So I sold everything on xoxide & hardforum, to start gettin new parts. For the past week I've been staring at this:
Rainbow Six Vegas $60, $90 Hyper type r power supply, $1013.00 Intel core 2 duo extreme 2.9..and my rig with nothing in it but light bus,CCFL's, and a lightscribe burner. Um ok broke now and working off my old lady's dell:
In case you didnt beleive me.. hehe - OK it get s better..
This gave me more time to mod the rig, and get your opinion on the rest of the parts I plan to get..I chose Frost for the name to come up with a Blade Theme. Frost/Decon Frost/LaMagra/Blood Mod(god).
I plan on taking the huge window, with 3 bevels sunk in almost a 1/2 in deep, and make a blood waterfall. Gonna cut 3 plexi pieces a hair bigger than each bevel, and clear caulk them over the exsisting bevels creating a 1/2" cavity. From the inside top of bevels (seen in red) I'll drill a hole into the cavity for a small cooling barb connector and hose. Also at the bottom for a return. what I'm looking for is a cheap system (water bay, hoses, pump) to slowly pump to the 3 top hoses, and return from the bottom. I will dye the water red, and lower the voltage to the pump, or clog it to pulse pump the liquid.
These are the rest of the parts I plan to order. Any reviews or suggestions would help ease my pain.
motherboard - EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX - 259.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2573809&Sku=E145-2008
Memory - Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz - 299.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2206874&Sku=C13-2022
Hard Drive - Western Digital / Raptor / 36GB / 10K / 16MB / SATA-150 - 114.00 X 2 = 228.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2368635&CatId=2456
Video Card -GeForce 7950 GT / 512MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card - 249.99 or dual 500.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2456679&Sku=B52-7858
And for those who read this far What OS would you put on this system? Windows 64, Vista, ect? or stay with xp pro till they fix the glitches?
Signed,
One Sad Modder Focker
Oh and this might take a bit.
http://www.xoxideforums.com/worklog-section/73214-frost.html
Ok Sad Story, boo hoo
Been waitin for rainbow six vegas to come out on pc. actually pre-ordered months ago. I get it and cant even play it. video card & CPU not good enough. Heres the delima, why buy a video card & CPU for my system (which has been faithful for years now, but getting old), seen in my signature. I need a pci express, which means I need a new mobo, oh which means I need a new CPU, yup which means DDR2, and a complete friggin upgrade. So I sold everything on xoxide & hardforum, to start gettin new parts. For the past week I've been staring at this:
Rainbow Six Vegas $60, $90 Hyper type r power supply, $1013.00 Intel core 2 duo extreme 2.9..and my rig with nothing in it but light bus,CCFL's, and a lightscribe burner. Um ok broke now and working off my old lady's dell:
In case you didnt beleive me.. hehe - OK it get s better..
This gave me more time to mod the rig, and get your opinion on the rest of the parts I plan to get..I chose Frost for the name to come up with a Blade Theme. Frost/Decon Frost/LaMagra/Blood Mod(god).
I plan on taking the huge window, with 3 bevels sunk in almost a 1/2 in deep, and make a blood waterfall. Gonna cut 3 plexi pieces a hair bigger than each bevel, and clear caulk them over the exsisting bevels creating a 1/2" cavity. From the inside top of bevels (seen in red) I'll drill a hole into the cavity for a small cooling barb connector and hose. Also at the bottom for a return. what I'm looking for is a cheap system (water bay, hoses, pump) to slowly pump to the 3 top hoses, and return from the bottom. I will dye the water red, and lower the voltage to the pump, or clog it to pulse pump the liquid.
These are the rest of the parts I plan to order. Any reviews or suggestions would help ease my pain.
motherboard - EVGA nForce 680i SLI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX - 259.99
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2573809&Sku=E145-2008
Memory - Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz - 299.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2206874&Sku=C13-2022
Hard Drive - Western Digital / Raptor / 36GB / 10K / 16MB / SATA-150 - 114.00 X 2 = 228.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2368635&CatId=2456
Video Card -GeForce 7950 GT / 512MB GDDR3 / SLI / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card - 249.99 or dual 500.00
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2456679&Sku=B52-7858
And for those who read this far What OS would you put on this system? Windows 64, Vista, ect? or stay with xp pro till they fix the glitches?
Signed,
One Sad Modder Focker
Oh and this might take a bit.