Lake

mail delivery games are becoming it's own genre...
Indeed. Though I think, for me, that I'm going more for the exploration & nostalgia than delivery with this game due to how beautiful it looks. I'm hopeful at least.

https://whitethorndigital.com/lake

Looks quite interesting. After playing Death Stranding, delivery & exploration together are an intriguing combo to me now.

I tried it out during the demo time, but I couldn't get into a game idea even more boring than Harvest Moon: you haven't been up here in twenty years, you make bookoo bucks, and instead of maybe paying some temp to handle his route for a week (leaving you free to house-sit and enjoy your relationship drama), you are magically taking-over!

That, and it got me in a buggy unrecoverable spawn-on-top-of-a-sign-post-that-you-cant-extract-your-van-from
game killer loop, so I would have trouble with a game like this with no manual saves! The "exploration" is mostly cookie-cutter houses with nobody standing around them to interact with - pretty boring for a relationships-while-doing-someone-else-job game!

I think the only time I had fun was when I was able to hack around things, and drive my van underwater...but then I spent another dozen spawn trying to recreate this, and eventually game-up

Last edited:
I tried it out during the demo time, but I couldn't get into a game idea even more boring than Harvest Moon: you haven't been up here in twenty years, you make bookoo bucks, and instead of maybe paying some temp to handle his route for a week (leaving you free to house-sit and enjoy your relationship drama), you are magically taking-over!

That, and it got me in a buggy unrecoverable spawn-on-top-of-a-sign-post-that-you-cant-extract-your-van-from
game killer loop, so I would have trouble with a game like this with no manual saves! The "exploration" is mostly cookie-cutter houses with nobody standing around them to interact with - pretty boring for a relationships-while-doing-someone-else-job game!

I think the only time I had fun was when I was able to hack around things, and launch my van underwater...but then I spent another dozen spawn trying to recreate this, and eventually game-up
Hmm... Maybe not as grand as I hoped

My friend said it reads like a Hallmark movie :hungover:

My bad on posting about this game...

Last edited:
Hmm... Maybe not as grand as I hoped

My friend said it reads like a Hallmark movie :hungover:
Well yeah. I think I could get over the cheese if there was actually some substance to the gameplay, but there is none there.

You have infinite lives / no "You re Fired" notice if you keep jumping the van into the water, and while doing the routes, there's nobody to talk to outside your mail destinations.

It FEELS like AN EMPTY TOWN WHERE YOU HAVE magically become postmaster general FOR A WEEK! I mean, how the fuck else does the other mail guy let you do your route solo after a single Practice Lap?

Last edited:
Back