• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Laing DDC 3.25 Tops

Daemas

Gawd
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
791
first and foremost, here is the new loop that I am building (my first ever)

2x Thermochill 120.3 or a 120.4 and a 120.2, idk yet
CPU block
Mobo block or individual blocks for NB/power circuitry
GFX card block

I'm looking to buy once and forget, so I am willing to spend a little extra moolah to get something high quality that will last through multiple loop changes (if needed)


I've decided to go with the Laing DDC 3.25 pump Now I'm looking for a top for the pump. I have a couple questions for you guys.

1: One pump or two?
2: Best top for the Laing DDC 3.25 (or a top for 2x pumps if needed)
3: EK DDC X-RES Top 140 was the top/res that I was looking at. What's the performance like for that top?
4: Anybody know of anything like that out there? I'm looking for a top/res combo because I'm getting a MM case and I don't want to mod a $400 case (but if you can't swing it, no biggie) with G1/4" threads to I can use comp fittings

I'm thinking the EK Waterblocks EK-DDC X-Top Rev 2 - Acetal with Bitspower Matt Black Male to Male G 1/4 Fitting connecting the top to a EK Waterblocks EK-Multioption RES 400 rev.2 is probably the best of the best but I wanted to see what you guys had to say (also if there was anything cheaper but still same performing)

thanks in advance guys
 
Last edited:
I'm partial to the XSPC res top, but that's just me.

Should I use one pump or two? If one, is the top/extender/res combo that I had the best way to go about doing that, or is there a better way?

Also, how to I put a top on a pump? Does it "snap" on, or do I have to take the pump apart and rebuild with the new parts? Also, those Bitspower fittings show UV green O-rings, is that the default, or is black the default?
 
I would suggest just one pump to start with, DDC's (DDC3.25 in your question) should be more than enough for your loop.

The EK X-Top V2 and XSPC tops are very close in performance, with the Res top edging out the EK and XSPC regular top by only a small margin. The XSPC Res Top is a bit more difficult to bleed, but you can't make a bad choice of pump tops by sticking with EK or XSPC.

The tops are secured with screws, you unscrew to the stock top and then put the aftermarket top on using the supplied screws, quite simple actually.

Yes, the BP matte black fittings come standard with green o-rings.

Cheers!
 
I would suggest just one pump to start with, DDC's (DDC3.25 in your question) should be more than enough for your loop.

The EK X-Top V2 and XSPC tops are very close in performance, with the Res top edging out the EK and XSPC regular top by only a small margin. The XSPC Res Top is a bit more difficult to bleed, but you can't make a bad choice of pump tops by sticking with EK or XSPC.

The tops are secured with screws, you unscrew to the stock top and then put the aftermarket top on using the supplied screws, quite simple actually.

Yes, the BP matte black fittings come standard with green o-rings.

Cheers!

How should i go about hooking up that pump/top/res and be able to add another pump or make another loop?

Should I get a dualtop and plug one up? Run them in a series, one after the other?

Also, with the Thermochill rads, how do I attach the shrouds to them? It says they come with 6x self taping screws for fan mounting. Are those what I need? Do the shrouds come packaged with screws? If not, what hardware do you think will work?

Also, do you how wide the fan holes on the shrouds are? I know I need 1.25" bolts but I don't know to go with 4/40 or 6/32. :/

Thanks in advance.
 
How should i go about hooking up that pump/top/res and be able to add another pump or make another loop?

Should I get a dualtop and plug one up? Run them in a series, one after the other?

If you're going to move to 2 loops later on, then no need to worry about it now. You'll have to plan out that second loop when the time comes. As for running two pumps in serial, well you have some options. One is to go with the dual tops, which is probably the easiest (and no, you can't just plug one of the spots). Second would be to get two single tops and connect the Pump 1 outlet to Pump 2 inlet with a short tubing bridge or similar fitting concoction.

Also, with the Thermochill rads, how do I attach the shrouds to them? It says they come with 6x self taping screws for fan mounting. Are those what I need? Do the shrouds come packaged with screws? If not, what hardware do you think will work?

I'm not sure if the shrouds come with screws or not... but 6-32 3/8" screws would probably suffice. And remember, fans go on the outside of the shroud.

Also, do you how wide the fan holes on the shrouds are? I know I need 1.25" bolts but I don't know to go with 4/40 or 6/32. :/

Thanks in advance.

6-32 is what you need, but you might want to pick up some 6-32 nuts as well, just in case the mount holes for the fans on the shroud are too thin. I only say that because I've never dealt with the TC shrouds, so I don't know first hand. Someone around here must have first hand knowledge... I've always used gutted fans for shrouds.
 
Back
Top