Lagittaja's ever evolving rig

lagittaja

Weaksauce
I'll just slap the most recent specs here:
Lian Li PC-A05N | Asus MIVGZ | [email protected]/1.30v | EVGA GTX470 SC+ | XFX 550w
2x4Gb DDR3/1333/CL9 | CPU TR-TS120+2xAP15 GPU Kühler H2O+1xAP14
And the last pic of the build.

Those are changing. I decided to sell my 2500K and GTX470.
Got good price for them too, 175€ for cpu and 185€ for the gpu.
I think I'm done with these high-end parts, at least for a while.
I ordered new cpu, gpu and couple of fans from Jimm's this week.
You should see them in my sig now as I updated it few minutes ago.
Yeah, quite a step down eh :p
But seriously, all I do on my computer is listen to music, browse the internet and watch movies and/or tv shows. I don't game. I don't need to participate in distributed computing projects. I might run some WCG HCC on the cpu during the night but idk.
Those replacement parts will pretty much handle anything I throw at them.
And who wouldn't like to have a computer that is silent, runs cool and doesn't guzzle lots of electricity :cool:
I will buy a Technoline Cost Control meter next month to check the real power consumption.

In the future I might replace the G530 with 3770K or perhaps with a IB i3. Who knows what I will do since I'm changing my mind all the time.
Also I've been thinking about upgrading my motherboard, have been eyeing on the Z77 WS from Asus for quite some time.
When and if I replace the G530+GZ they will go to my htpc build along with the ram.

Hopefully the CPU will arrive on monday. When will the gpu arrive, not a single clue, est. delivery time was 3-10days because Jimms.fi didn't have it stock so they're getting it from their supplier.
The new Slip Stream PWM fans will arrive tomorrow but what good are they if I don't have a CPU and GPU?! :D

Should I bother typing some kind of history of my rig? It's roots go all the way back to 2007, now if I could find all the old pictures :D

Last edited:
Oh well I'll give a small update to this.
On sunday I called Jimm's to have the GPU order changed.
I found that they had added a cheaper Asus 7770 model to their pages and decided to change to that instead of the XFX.
The XFX HD7770 Double Dissipation edition which I originally planned on getting would have cost 169€ and only had 2years of warranty.
When I ordered it, they (Jimm's) only had one Asus DirectCU HD7770 listed for 159€ (V2 model?) and the card had 2xDVI/1xHDMI/1xDP. Now there was a 145€ DirectCU HD7770 with 1xDVI/HDMI/2xmDP
And the Asus cards have 3 year warranty. So that was a no brainer.
GPU was dispatched early this morning and arrives tomorrow.

And on to the cpu then. Originally the G530 estimated delivery was 2-4 days. Few days go by and it changed to 3-10days. I sent Jimm's an email and inquired on possible delivery date, he said that next week. Monday comes and the est. delivery time had changed to 5-10days. I sent Jimm's customer service rep in MuroBBS a PM and asked on the eta and he said possibly on wednesday it would be on stock.
Then this afternoon I got a new PM from the CS rep at MuroBBS and he said (roughly translated):
"Hi again! Well the wholesale stock couldn't deliver the cpu as we agreed so we had to order from somewhere else :(
We expect it to arrive in stock late next week. For the delay I have gave you a small discount on the product. Hopefully it makes you feel better."
Well well. That message sounds a lot better in finnish though so reading between the lines he said that the cpu could arrive in stock on wednesday the earliest.
Original price 49€+0€ shipping+3.20€ C.O.Pickup. = 52.20€
Discounted to 40€+0€ shipping+3.20€ C.O.P. = 43.20€
I then went ahead and created another order for the G530 from this another place called systemastore. Their site said in stock (20pcs)
Systemastore 40.10&#8364;+4.90&#8364; shipping+3.65&#8364; C.O.P. = 48.65&#8364; <- Est. delivery 2-4days

Whichever of those parcels arrives first I'll pick that up :D Right now I don't care whether I pay 43&#8364; or 48&#8364; for the cpu as long as I get it as soon as possible.
I'm already pulling my hairs because of this old laptop I'm using.. Pentium M 1.4Ghz/2Gb DDR FTW with Ubuntu 8.04 :eek:
If that cpu is really in stock at systemastore then it SHOULD dispatch early tomorrow morning and because of easter it arrives late tuesday maybe early wednesday and that fits me well because I'm leaving in three hours for the holidays and I'm coming back on tuesday.

Fingers crossed I get the cpu in time and before next week weekend.

Alrighty. Systemastore sent me an email yesterday morning and said that the delivery time for the G530 ends up long and do you want some other cpu if you're in a hurry. Took a quick look at their site and saw a G620 in stock and with a short delivery time. Responded with that to the email and couple hours later I got an email saying your order has been dispatched. Gpu is waiting in the pick up station right now and the cpu is travelling towards hämeenlinna right now and should be waiting for me next Tuesday. Wheee

2.4Ghz vs 2.6Ghz and 2M vs 3M L3 cache = not much difference.
Both are bonkers fast for anything I might throw at it :D

And generally speaking I'm not upgrading of course (lol), merely downgrading to a more energy efficient build.
I think with my previous parts the rig was probably pulling way over 400w from the wall, idle must have been over 80w. With this new cpu and gpu I think the max I could pull with furmark+ibt is around 120w depending a bit on the voltages, idle will probably be ~40w.
New parts will run quieter also, cooler too.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm not yet decided will I even upgrade to the 3770K.
Not that I even need the power though.

Well. A bit long time since I made an update.
Ended up with the G530. Decided not to pick up the HD 7770.
Jimm's, the Finland's equilevant of Newegg, had some fantastic offers few weeks ago. Ended up with an Intel 520 Series 60Gb SSD for only 43.10&#8364; including shipping.
Found a nice deal on a used XFX HD 5750, 47.20&#8364; including shipping. Decided to get that.
Current state of my rig as of May 11th.

P.S. I got myself a new phone as well last week, a Samsung Galaxy Note, the white one of course :D
So from now on I'll be able to take much better pictures.

Back