Laggy audio on 1080p mkv files in Vista x64 v.Q6600, HD4870

linksyz

n00b
Hi guys!

I watched a 1080p movie the other day and had no problems with it but today I tried watching another 1080p movie and audio was lagging behind video. I don't remember what changes I did with my computer since but I have Vista x64, Q6600, HD4870, and using Media Player Classic with Vista Codec Package 4.7.3 codecs (http://www.start64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=573&Itemid=72). This PC should not have any problems running 1080p movies... what codecs have you guys used successfuly on x64?

You may be able to compensate.

Right click the video picture while it is playing and select Audio -> options
Tick audio time shift and set its value.
It can be positive or negative.
Keep the movie playing while you are doing this so you can see the effect quickly.

Go back to the video you watched the other day and see if its 'still' in sync, also try some other 1080p stuff it could be that the new videos encode has been done wrong and is not a fault of your system/software, you will have to follow what steps nemu said using MPC to fix it, if this is the case.

If your using MPC-HD, i would also check to see if your getting DXVA acceleration as this will drop the cpu usage to almost nothing whilst watching videos back.

Back