Lag in Bf1942 desert combat on 6800gt

creedAMD

2[H]4U
I know it's not the video card, everything seems to be fine, frap shows that I am hitting 85 constantly(my refresh rate) at 1024x768, yet when I look around in game it snags. Any ideas? thanks

I am having this problem too... not just in DC... but the system will act like it hung (highly overclocked anyway) and then a few seconds later come back to life like nothing happened...

maybe yall should try playing it non overclocked and then overclocked and look at difference , maybe it can't go that high as you have it set, maybe not enough cooling

XXX-OWNEDBYME-XXX said:
maybe yall should try playing it non overclocked and then overclocked and look at difference , maybe it can't go that high as you have it set, maybe not enough cooling

My graphics card isn't overclocked at all (except the 20mhz that bfg does) I will try to take my processor down to see if it clears it up.

I had the same exact thing happen when I was using an overclocked FX5900. The clock speed in other games worked just fine, but in BF it would hang for a few seconds and then resume. Reducing the clock speed fixed the problem.

Some games don't like either the processor or vid card to be overclocked. BF1942 runs fine on my oc'd eVGA 6800GT but I haven't reinstalled DC since my last format..

for my games its almost like it has to "warm" up. At first when i play it stutters but after a few seconds things smooth out . any ideas ?? . I have a bfg 6800 gt oc

Like i said before its the whole system not just a video card.
prob mem /pci/agp bus issues.

one reason I dont like amd systems..esp via chipsets

My friend just got a gainward 6800gt golden sample that comes with 1.6ns ram and his thing overclocked easily 430/1200 no problems. He has like 10 newest game including doom3 and only when he tries to play bf1942 the game studders as soon as you start playing and it takes like 3min to smoothen out. Everytime you use the voice commands in the game it would studder or glitch or lag...He swapped his 9800 pro back and everything was smooth even on his older 4600ti , so it seems there is a problem with bf1942 and 6800 gpu's. I told him it could be the video driver issue or hardware issue (probably needs bios flashing)...........

My BF vietnam chops and skips a lot in the first minute then usually smoothes out (never does this in any other game). Its not a huge issue but it can be very irritating at times. My card is an Asus v9999 (6800nu 256mb).

i think that the battle field series is just choppy in general regardless of what your system is.

no matter how many fps i am getting it always feels a little laggy; online or in single player

Yall are smoking crack...

DC runs like butter for me at 1280 6x16 AAAF no lag from the first step in the server, and I am first in so I grab the MiG...

GG....

you got system problems...go tshoot....

theelviscerator said:

DC runs like butter for me at 1280 6x16 AAAF no lag from the first step in the server, and I am first in so I grab the MiG...

GG....

Hey dont be like that man. Most of us in here are having the same problem. We're not saying that its laggy in all games, but only when playing BF1942,vietnam and all other mods. Unreal tournament 2003-2004, Far cry, call of duty, doom 3, a few racing games, and few other , all run smooth as silk except for BF1942. I think BF1942 doesnt like something that gt/ultra has build in the hardware, could be the bios or whatnot. I just swapped back a 9800 pro and getting 0 problems in 1942 and to prove to you that its not the PC , i still have an old geforce 4600 ti and even that card does not lag on start up in BF1942 so go figure. Like i said it could be the video drivers, hardware, bios, who knows.
But my friend is furious, his fav. game is bf1942 and he plays that alot so he's thinking to RMA the card but not before calling gainward to check for new updated bioses.

System passes Prime 95, Memtest, and for those who plan to reformat and expect some luck would be pointless since i already did that and did nothing to stop it. Its pure hardware related. My 2 cents,,,,,,,,

i have no lag in any games i play, including DC, FH, BFV and normal BF. i have my vid card(PNY 6800 GT) OC'd to 425/1100(did have it higher, but it was studdering in games) and my proc is running 200x12 when its normal is 166x13, if u dont have a soundcard that might be why it takes a few mins to die down with the lag

Xxplosiv said:
i have no lag in any games i play, including DC, FH, BFV and normal BF. i have my vid card(PNY 6800 GT) OC'd to 425/1100(did have it higher, but it was studdering in games) and my proc is running 200x12 when its normal is 166x13, if u dont have a soundcard that might be why it takes a few mins to die down with the lag

I thought it was the sound card too at first but i have done a few tests where i eliminated that possiblility. I totally deleted my sound drivers and took out the sound card out of the pc and it still glitches for the first 3min. Everytime i hit message commands it studders at all times in the game. I think this is a serious issue and should be resolved by eather nvidia or EA.

theelviscerator said:

GG....

What is your system spec:: cpu, mobo, sound card???, etc....thanks

one question: how much RAM do you have? and do you know what speeds and cache your hard drive has?

C4rniV0r said:
DC needs a gig of RAM
Yep, I figured this is why my system is a bit choppy at the highest settings. I only have 512 MB of ram, a P4 2.4B woody @ 2.52 GHz, and an eVGA 6800 GT @ 400/1100.

Working on saving $100 to add another 512 :).

But also, I was an avid DC player (played in some top clans for ~6 months) and ever since the 1.6 patch for BF1942, it always needed a "warm up" time. I think its an issue with Nvidia cards and the 1.6 patch (maybe PunkBuster?).

The system has 1gig of Corsair PC3500c2 (BH5) running 200fsb at 2-2-2-11 timings.

2x10k raptor HD's in raid 0.

Abit NF7-S with 2600xp mobile running 2.6ghz

550w Enermax PSU.

System runs perfectly stable in Prime95 and Memtest86 so i know its not my PC since all other games including DOOM 3 which uses much more high end graphics runs silky smooth with 0 glitches... ... I think EA needs to make a patch to support high end video cards......My guess.

try 2.4 ghz for your proc. i can run my XP 2700 that high, but in BF it gives me teh jitters so i have it clocked down.

Xxplosiv said:
try 2.4 ghz for your proc. i can run my XP 2700 that high, but in BF it gives me teh jitters so i have it clocked down.

Nah thats not the problem . I even downclocked it at default speed 15x133fsb or 2ghz and still same problem. Like i said all other games are glitch free. I'm not saying that bf doesnt run smooth once glitches are gone but its anoying when everytime u begin a map it studders according to games sounds. Everytime i hit F button commands like "requesting a pick up" it will glitch as soon as i press it. Its really weird. I thought it was my sound card but its not because right now im using my onboard sound and its still doing it. Even without any sound cards installed and sound drivers problem still remains........very weird..I just swapped back the 6800gt in and no luck...i had 9800pro just before 0 problems......even with gf4600ti........if u ask me it sounds like a hardware issue with the ddr3 ram and BF....who knows...im getting really tired of this problem and i havent played bf for 3 days now due to this whole mess me and my friend are experiancing....i still have 30days to rma this thing but ill wait a week or 2...

what kind of sound card do you have? i have an audigy LS and i dont have any lag exept for alil bit of hard drive lag, which i hardly ever get

owelll, maybe its just that BF doesnt like your config. of parts, ive seen bf be picky like that before

Xxplosiv said:
what kind of sound card do you have? i have an audigy LS and i dont have any lag exept for alil bit of hard drive lag, which i hardly ever get

I got Santa cruz sound card which works fine with 9800 pro and 4600 ti so i doubt its the sound card. Right now im using the onboard sound that comes with my Abit nf7-s Mobo which is not bad. I just did some additional testing, i've uninstalled bf and reinstalled it and tried to play without any patches and it was doing the same crap except its really really ugly without any patches lol....game feels and sounds totally diff.......anyway, since i tried everything to troubleshoot the problem now its time to email gainward and ask them go send me the latest bios for my card. ...... Can you all do me a big favor and post your gt/ultra bios numbers here. HERE'S MINE : 5.40.02.15.01 ,,,,, notice the last 2 digits "01"
Looks like i have the first bios that came out for this card.....I may need reflashing,,,

someone just informed me its a prob with the drivers, try the beta 66.00 drivers

Xxplosiv said:
someone just informed me its a prob with the drivers, try the beta 66.00 drivers

I did try those and didnt help.

Anyway, i just finished doing some bf testing and i've learned what causes the fps to drop.

Everytime you hit a F button to call for a command it dropps the frame up to 10fps or more. You can try this yourself, play singel player mode and press "~" button and then type "console.showfps 1" this will display your fps on top left. Then press one of the F buttons just once and you will the the fps drop by 10 or more. Also ive learned that any text displayed on screen will also cause glitches. For example, if someone gets killed and gets displayed on screen to show who died it will glitch and drop about 10fps too. This is a common video driver issue.............I hope Nvidia is awear of this mess......

i dont got any of those glitches, check to make sure vsync is off, it likes to lag BF up alot

SOB, I was all set on getting a 6800GT so I could play my fave, BF1942 and get BF Vietnam (can't play it with my lame 7500 mobility). Now I hear my favorites don't play too well with Nvidia? Aye, yae, yae. Not that ATI's are even available. Ugh.

EricDawg said:
SOB, I was all set on getting a 6800GT so I could play my fave, BF1942 and get BF Vietnam (can't play it with my lame 7500 mobility). Now I hear my favorites don't play too well with Nvidia? Aye, yae, yae. Not that ATI's are even available. Ugh.

What are you talking about?? I just finished playing BF vietnam and it looks amazing with 6800gt. I have everything set high and runs 140-160fps ,,extremely smooth...It looks so much better then washed out 9800 pro image quality. With 9800 pro i couldnt run smooth even with just 1024x768 res with nothing on and still was running choppy. I'am finally happy with my purchase. Don't get confused with this thread because i was having problems with 1942 due to radio tooltip being on and was causing glitches everytime i would press any F keys......Now everything is just pure amazing....I luv Nvidia...much better then ATI in image quality......

Battlefield Vietnam plays fine for me. The only problem I have is with the BFV WW2 Mod. It's very choppy and almost not playable. It's like I'm playing BF1942 with my old GF4MX a year and a half ago.

live2sk8 said:
But also, I was an avid DC player (played in some top clans for ~6 months) and ever since the 1.6 patch for BF1942, it always needed a "warm up" time. I think its an issue with Nvidia cards and the 1.6 patch (maybe PunkBuster?).

Seems like there's a few issues with the BF series? But you're right... I checked the EA website and they say BFV has issues with AA/AF right now, and also some features in the ATI 9800. So I guess I shouldn't freak out too much. I'm sure it's way better than BF1942 on my Thinkpad (Caspar everywhere).

Just curious... I'm not familiar with the radio tooltip (BFV feature?). What is it and why would it cause you problems with graphics? Seems odd. Nice to know though if I ever get either one (BFV or 6800). :(

Thanks. Happy Killing!
;)

EricDawg said:
Seems like there's a few issues with the BF series? But you're right... I checked the EA website and they say BFV has issues with AA/AF right now, and also some features in the ATI 9800. So I guess I shouldn't freak out too much. I'm sure it's way better than BF1942 on my Thinkpad (Caspar everywhere).

Just curious... I'm not familiar with the radio tooltip (BFV feature?). What is it and why would it cause you problems with graphics? Seems odd. Nice to know though if I ever get either one (BFV or 6800). :(

Thanks. Happy Killing!
;)
I never really played BFV for that long, but in DC/BF1942 you press T to turn them on - it's basically some newb tutorial that tells you certain "helpful" things about the game.

Not sure why it would cause problems - but I sure as hell am not sure why anyone would want to have them on :rolleyes:

After trying out 10 diff display drivers for my gt i came across this website:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

I just downloaded the 65.73 drivers and guess what???? NO MORE GAME LAG in vietnam or BF1942 using radio tool. I'm just amazed to finally fix my problem. Everyone should download these drivers since they are most talked about in the forum and have greatest results. Goodluck and happy gaming...

Back