lacp on zyxel gs1920 confusion

kandor

Gawd
Hi,

My server has an intel dual port ni. Teaming is setup, so there is a 'team #0' set to 'static link aggregation'.

On my gs1920, if I enable LACP on those 2 ports, the ports status changes to 'blocking' so no traffic is possible and the trunk isn't created.

If I disable the lacp group on the switch then the server team test will fail saying
'The team type requires port aggregation
on the switch, but the switch is not
configured for port aggregation.
Change the team type to AFT or ALB,
or reconfigure the switch. '

When I enable LACP on the switch (and the ports are blocked). The server test reports 'success, passed'

So confusing!!! lol

I'm just not understanding why the status becomes blocked on the zyxel switch. I've found no literature that explains why this happening.

I don't have a Zyxel switch to test it with, but I do use their USG routers in some SMB installations. Their support has been great the few times I've had to use it. I wouldn't hesitate to contact them for an issue like yours.

Edit: If you learn anything, please post it here, as I have considered using some of these switches in certain circumstances but haven't had time to test with them yet.

Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow. I've also noticed one port with 80 errors in the status - surprising!

Back