L540 power jack/board

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by elvis1, May 8, 2018.

1. elvis1

elvis1 n00bie

Hi guys I have a L540 Lenovo and it fails to charge. Already purchased a new brick but seems I may need a power jack ( when I move what comes out of the PSU up and down it would eventually charge so I assume the jack is not tight).

I am seeking for a power jack for my L540 (Lenovo) . I have purchased one and it shows as if it was delivered to a friends sister home the 2nd of this month ( it was 7 buck/ebay).

The lady who is an acquaintance of mine gave me the RAM I bought for the Mac mini and told me she did not receive the jack ( wrote to the seller to see what happened )

I had been watching some videos and apparently this thing I need to do involves welding ( a friend of mine is an E Engineer and has the needed ger but rather buy something like a lego as this ).

I had been looking all over the place (ebay and amazon )and failed to find one. My brother is leaving Florida this thursday night.

Any ideas either for a local pickup or something ? Ideally I would rather like something like this to avoid welding and to avoid having to go to ali express to buy something ( customs are a PITA to deal with and stuff take like at least 1 month to arrive).

This is the type of board I want.

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Th...rd_wg=k5m5K&psc=1&refRID=PMXC6H4A7SZZHBX5D3YQ

2. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

you either buy the full board or just the socket and you have to solder it. the only local places that might have something like that are electronic supply stores. but without him having it in hand its gonna be hard to match.

elvis1 likes this.
  3. elvis1

elvis1 n00bie

Any clues where I can buy the full board?

Regards

4. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

isn't that the amazon link you provided? you will have to order it online. no local will have it. if that isn't the correct board youll have to find the part number and find it online.