L4D2 6.79 or 20.39/4

Thanks OP.

I bit on the bundle pack - $5 for these games, plus the free Sacrifice DLC made it all a worthy purchase

I am kinda new to the steam purchase.
where do they say how long a sale will continue, dl size and stuff like that

Thank! Picked up the 1&2 pack for my gf, she wants to game with me, so I'm building up her steam acct.

I am kinda new to the steam purchase.
where do they say how long a sale will continue, dl size and stuff like that

They often don't say how long the sale will last. There is typically a sale on the weekends (Fri/Sat/Sun) every week for a few games, and the weekday sales normally are only a few days as well. If the sale is one-day-only they normally make that very clear.

Say I buy the 4 pack and only need 2, are we allowed to post in this thread offering the other two up for "gifting"?

Say I buy the 4 pack and only need 2, are we allowed to post in this thread offering the other two up for "gifting"?

For GIFTING yes, for selling and pretending like it's gifting I would say hell no.

Aaaand it looks like I'll finally be buying L4D and L4D2, at this price there is absolutely no way I can put it off any longer... heh

As more Steam 4-pack deals began to arise, group buy threads have been allowed yes. And actually I'd be in for a copy if you're starting one :)

ah didn't see this posted and made a thread. anyways if anyone has an open spot i'd be in for l4d2

edit: pmed 2 people who posted about a group. one more want in?

Last edited:
If someones settings up a buy for L4D2 drop me a pm, interested in jumping in on one. Thanks!

Damn. Does steam offer price protection? I just bought this Friday so I can LAN with my coworkers that day.

The sale ends at 4pm on Thursday 10/7. It's listed on the main steam page (http://store.steampowered.com) on the right side:

Midweek Madness!
Left 4 Dead 2 now available on the Mac as well! Sale ends at 4pm on Thursday.

I don't believe they list the download size anywhere. The spec's state you need 7.5 gig of free space, so I'd estimate the download size to be about 1/4 of that figure.
Honestly I wouldn't trust that time/date. They've ended sales early many times.

In regards to size, my downloads tab shows 11GB <shrugs>

Crap, $5.16 cents in the bank account, lol... guess I won't be getting any L4D/L4D2 action this time around. :p

I went ahead and bought the 1&2 pack for my secondary Steam Account.

I went ahead and bought the 1&2 pack for my secondary Steam Account.

I'm contemplating this, but my secondary is starting to look like my main account. In essence, i'll end up buying every game, twice!

Bah, $7 bucks is too good to pass up.

Honestly I wouldn't trust that time/date. They've ended sales early many times.
They've never ended sales early. People apparently have difficulty figuring out timezones and are bitter about Valve operating within the timezone they are part of, but short of those two "issues" sales end when they say they do...or usually lasting longer than the time specified since they don't end until the next working day's shift starts.

Damn. Couple months ago I bought it for 14-20 dollars at the last sale... now 7 dollars? WTF.. oh well bought the original.

It took a firesale like this for me to install the copy I purchased near xmas last year for $25. (and only because my friends decided to jump on this).

Nice sale.

Would someone mind gifting the L4D+L4D2 bundle to me? For some reason the steam store isn't working for me. I can paypal you the money if that's ok with you.

I bit on the double also. I'm assuming the DLC installs with L4D2???

my friends has been yelling at me to buy this for months.. I guess i don't have an excuse not too anymore.

Back